Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Calling out pitches

by ocfibell » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:24 pm

At the younger levels I have noticed that some catchers move inside or out depending on the location of the pitch being called. This is obviously due to the age division that they are in. I understand that at the younger divisions a pitchers control is not what it will be in the years to come. With that said you have some parents and coaches calling out the movement of the catcher to their batters. I do not agree with this as it does not help the batter in learning to read the incoming pitch. I do agree that calling out the location of the catcher forces the opposing coach to teach their defense how to conceal the placement of a pitch. Just part of learning the game???
ocfibell
Premium Member
Premium Member

by C77fastpitch » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:39 pm

First of all, I don't believe calling out the catcher's position is helpful to the batter. Secondly, I doubt if the batter is listening, or even should be. Thirdly, just because a catcher moves one direction doesn't the mean the ball will too. Lastly, this has much more to do with parents becoming as annoying as possible.
C77fastpitch

Return to CA