Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

hitting coaches

by C77fastpitch » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:00 pm

Parents please use common sense and science. Coaches can't pass on natural ability or experience. Hitting coaches are making a boat load of money over emphasizing hitting techniques that most young kids don't need and won't help them. There is certainly nothing wrong with coaches helping players understand a reasonably effective hitting style. Correct fundamental hitting mechanics, reinforced by practice and games experience helps young players improve. However, endless private lessons, centered on techniques that even MLB players would have a hard time understanding, is not only not cost effective, but totally silly.
C77fastpitch

by SPSBHC » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:11 am

Best advice I have read about hitting coaches. Let me add one more comment. A hitting coach who never sees a batter hit live in a game can not possibly be of any help.
SPSBHC
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ih8ddyball » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:39 am

Just in case you didn’t know…. The best hitting coaches are also the best fielding, catching, and pitching coach. You can’t go wrong with a one-stop shop.
ih8ddyball

by C77fastpitch » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:49 am

There's a time and place for everything. Experience batters maybe helped by a small adjustment, and there's nothing wrong with telling your 10u player to keep their head down and watch the ball. However, these mindless, seemingly endless lessons given at $35 an hour to kids that have never played above rec ball, are a total a waste of time and money.( So true ih8ddyball) Reliable common sense coaching is being replaced by big money sharks intent on making a fortune off of less than knowledgeable parents. There are great private coaches, experienced, intelligent, and caring, please become informed and choose wisely.
C77fastpitch

by C77fastpitch » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:24 pm

This hasn't anything to do with my original post, but is it difficult in California to find HS coaches. I see a lot advertising for school coaches, I always thought that they needed to a least teach or have a daughter on the team. This is a little new for me, since I moved out here a year ago. I'm not interested in coaching, don't have the time right now, but just interested in knowing. I woud like to return to coaching someday, especially when my daughter is little older.
C77fastpitch

by swells9232 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:08 pm

Because the stipend is low and the principals like to give their teachers a small bump in pay when they can, the usual first choice is a teacher at the school. If they can't find a teacher, then they will go outside of their staff to get the coaches. The problem is some of the "coaches" take the position to get the bump in pay and don't necessarly know how to coach or know softball very well. With that said, I try and remind new dad's to HS softball, It's only High School. No recruiter is going to come out and see your DD there. Relax and let her play rec ball level and learn to talk to the coaches themselves about all the world injustices (or just the ones between the white lines). :lol:
swells9232

by C77fastpitch » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:47 pm

I think high school softball is very important to potential college players. The publicity one receives playing high school softball even surpasses that of travel ball. College coaches hear about their play at the high school level then decides to watch them play travel ball. I use to think high school coaches were behind, skill wise, compared to travel coaches. However, the skill gap is is closing, and I believe that is due for a number of reasons.
C77fastpitch

by C77fastpitch » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:22 pm

I've scouted for a number of college softball programs, and I can tell you the first time I heard the name of many outstanding players, it came from fans, umpires, and coaches talking about the girl's high school play. Of course travel ball is important, but I believe I could tell you where many of this countries top college players played their high school ball. Its hard for college coaches to get to all or even most of the top tournaments, that's why the publicity that high school softball garners is a ringing bell.
C77fastpitch

by C77fastpitch » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:04 am

Question Please? How far using the 101 is Morgan Hills from Stanford University?
C77fastpitch

Next

Return to CA