Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Oktoberfest

by so cal waves » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:36 am

Lights out has a 12U 98 team as well. They attended our friendly last weekend. Are we sure that it is the 96 team signed up and not the 98???? just my two cents
so cal waves

by Rotatorcuff » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:50 am

A team of dec b-day kids? Not ideal, but I bet they would kick some butt in the fall :)

Now a team of Jan b-day kids would be an ASA coaches dream. I'm sure there are some coaches that take this into account when recruiting their teams. Assuming Sally and Susie are equally skilled on the field, but Sally's b-day is Dec. 31 and Susie's b-day is Jan. 1...........who you gonna take?

No, I wasn't referring to a team of 96's, but there are some on this board that make a big deal about having a 96 or two on a 97 team. Check some of the threads: "oh team X has 3 96's - pitcher, short, and catcher. They shouldn't be playing in this division."

At some point, the age factor will go away. Where is that? 16's? 18's? My dd will have her advantage in HS when she will probably be the oldest kid on the team her senior year. Will it make much difference then?

Age is a matter of the mind, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter :)
Rotatorcuff

by smash » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:12 am

I went on the USSSA site and it shows "Lights Out" registered as the only 13U team. Does anyone know if they will place 13U in the 12U division or the 14U division?
smash

by sportzjunky » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:43 am

If its like all the past usssa tournies... 13U sits in 12U division for pool and brackets. But the berth is good for 13U, 14U & up. For a young team who doesnt want to spend the money on 3 usssa tournies vs. 2 and if the goals are U-Trip Disney or a semi local national event.. Probably easier to get the qualifier out of the way early if thats what the team goals are, or are new and want to promote a national event for the upcoming season. Kind of cheezy but not the first team to do it and wont be the last.
The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure.
These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur.
- Vince Lombardi
sportzjunky

by goforit » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:36 pm

just to set the record straight Lights out is a 96 team and we were just trying to register accurately. We have no hidden agenda to try and qualify cheesily as it has been said we have asked the host to put us in the appropriate age bracket so that we can play teams in our own age group. :D
goforit

by anonlooker » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:19 pm

goforit wrote:just to set the record straight Lights out is a 96 team and we were just trying to register accurately. We have no hidden agenda to try and qualify cheesily as it has been said we have asked the host to put us in the appropriate age bracket so that we can play teams in our own age group. :D

Just to really set the record straight... OKTOBERFEST means one thing and one thing only... :D

(err, okay, two things!) :lol: :lol:
Attachments
oktoberfesttrio.jpg
oktoberfesttrio.jpg (64.98 KiB) Viewed 2926 times
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by sportzjunky » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:26 pm

goforit wrote:just to set the record straight Lights out is a 96 team and we were just trying to register accurately. We have no hidden agenda to try and qualify cheesily as it has been said we have asked the host to put us in the appropriate age bracket so that we can play teams in our own age group. :D

Thanks for setting the record straight that your team is playing 14U, although I wasnt trying to call you out.... I was thinking more generally when I wrote that even though your team was in the prior post. Apologize for that... USSSA has the cheese part of cheesy in the age group format but it works for some teams and the long range budget, scheduling and/or roster prospecting for spring. Either way, good luck. I hope you do well.

and I am with anonlooker.... look at the size of those............... beers!
The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure.
These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur.
- Vince Lombardi
sportzjunky

by hotwheels » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:31 pm

sportzjunky wrote:

Thanks for setting the record straight that your team is playing 14U, although I wasnt trying to call you out.... I was thinking more generally when I wrote that even though your team was in the prior post. Apologize for that... USSSA has the cheese part of cheesy in the age group format but it works for some teams and the long range budget, scheduling and/or roster prospecting for spring. Either way, good luck. I hope you do well.

and I am with anonlooker.... look at the size of those............... beers!

They look smart!
hotwheels

by SoCal Breakers » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:48 pm

Looks to be a good tourny with some good teams.Hope fields settle in by next weekend,sounds like park is awesome.
SoCal Breakers

by Rotatorcuff » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:04 pm

SoCal Breakers wrote:Looks to be a good tourny with some good teams.Hope fields settle in by next weekend,sounds like park is awesome.

Good luck! Wanna borrow a 96? ;)
Rotatorcuff

PreviousNext

Return to CA