Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

New Season

by Brick Dust » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:13 pm

After lurking on HB for awhile, and now that fall tryouts are winding down, I finally thought of a subject that I could use for a first post. Did your DD make her dream team? I know that there is hundreds if not thousands of reasons to switch teams/orgs.

I would just like to read some responses/reasons that players, parents might have for changing organizations (or staying for that matter) for I am personally glad summer's almost over and we can get our kids back on the field for some good old fashioned, competitive, fastpitch softball.

:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?:
"You can observe a lot by just watching"
Yogi Berra
Brick Dust

by artomatic » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:15 pm

ask again in Novermber...
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by pixsguy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:12 pm

easy one...all the loyalty organization talked after high school break was nothing but hot air...time to do whats best for dd, not organization...they make promises, your dd performs as expected, then they have more excuses than an inmate on death row...
pixsguy
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sftbll4ever » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:17 pm

We are great, right were we want to be!
Sftbll4ever

by Iluvblue » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:52 am

your dd performs as expected

Performed as who expected? You, or the coach?

And can you be more specific when you say promises were made? I am curious just what a coach would say and then have the guts to do a 180. Did he speak to you specifically about your dd or was he speaking in general to multiple players.

I mean did the guy come straight out and say I have a spot for your kid, and then go back on that?
Iluvblue

by dittoz » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:08 pm

Had a coach a year or so back make a straight out offer, with specifics on playing time, position, everything... We accepted and then in a series of emails beginning the next day, he slowly reduced the offer of playing time until eMail #5 stated they had decided to retract the offer completely.

He never even had the guts to pick up the phone...

Being from NorCal, what do I know anyway???
dittoz

by Iluvblue » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:29 pm

Any coach that made an offer promising positions or playing time had 1 of two situations.

1) most likely scenario. Coach was new, had no experience and was just hoping to field a team. In any event, run from this coach. Probably his practices and game management are as bad as his recruiting skills.

2) Player was such a stud, making any promised was not really making promises. Player was going to get all the time at a position regardless of promise.
Iluvblue

by pixsguy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:39 pm

dd played to what was expected by coach...she played well...promises might be too strong, but when 8 girls from lower "farm" team try for older team and no one gets picked up, time to make that move before we get in that situation and loose a year waitin...a junior has no business playin 16u...
pixsguy
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Iluvblue » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:48 pm

Teams are going to pick players that will help the team. Doesnt matter if your DD played 3 years for the organization, when she moves up, the other coach doesnt care. Or from year to year, most teams just look to take the better player.
At some point a coach needs to also coach and teach. Derek Jeters arent out their waiting to join your team.
Iluvblue

by Phantom » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:40 pm

Iluvblue wrote:Teams are going to pick players that will help the team. Doesnt matter if your DD played 3 years for the organization, when she moves up, the other coach doesnt care. Or from year to year, most teams just look to take the better player.
At some point a coach needs to also coach and teach. Derek Jeters arent out their waiting to join your team.

agreed 8-)
Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'.
Phantom

Next

Return to CA