Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

Unsportsmanlike conduct?

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by thedoanezone » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:11 pm

Playing 16U.....happened twice in two different games against the same team.........on defense with R1 on 2nd base...with the pitch, a girl from the opposing dugout yells, "GOING" (teammate of R1) even though R1 wasn't "GOING"....my guess is that it was meant to do one of two things....move F6 out of position or draw a throw to third. I questioned the umpire and without giving me a definitive answer as to whether or not this could be considered unsportsmanlike, just said that he didn't hear it.

What can an umpire do if they do hear it and can tell where it came from, i.e. the dugout vs. the stands?
thedoanezone

by MTR » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:24 pm

thedoanezone wrote:Playing 16U.....happened twice in two different games against the same team.........on defense with R1 on 2nd base...with the pitch, a girl from the opposing dugout yells, "GOING" (teammate of R1) even though R1 wasn't "GOING"....my guess is that it was meant to do one of two things....move F6 out of position or draw a throw to third. I questioned the umpire and without giving me a definitive answer as to whether or not this could be considered unsportsmanlike, just said that he didn't hear it.

What can an umpire do if they do hear it and can tell where it came from, i.e. the dugout vs. the stands?

While some may consider this classless, that is about all it is.
MTR

by wadeintothem » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:43 pm

I also got nothing on this.

This falls under the same roof as stealing signs, calling out pitch locations, etc etc etc..
and its nothing.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by Sam » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:37 am

thedoanezone wrote:Playing 16U.....happened twice in two different games against the same team.........on defense with R1 on 2nd base...with the pitch, a girl from the opposing dugout yells, "GOING" (teammate of R1) even though R1 wasn't "GOING"....my guess is that it was meant to do one of two things....move F6 out of position or draw a throw to third. I questioned the umpire and without giving me a definitive answer as to whether or not this could be considered unsportsmanlike, just said that he didn't hear it.

You might want to stick one in the batter's ribs to set up a force play at all bases.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DonnieS » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:45 am

Sam wrote:

You might want to stick one in the batter's ribs to set up a force play at all bases.

Definitely sounds like intentional walk time. hbp = 1 pitch, iw = 4 pitches, saves time and energy.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GIMNEPIWO » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:26 pm

DonnieS wrote:
Sam wrote:

Definitely sounds like intentional walk time. hbp = 1 pitch, iw = 4 pitches, saves time and energy.

I concur ... but I would try ' high & tight' first , then go low and away ... then stick one .... I'd rather have her go down swinging or looking than give her a pass .... but any jack as* that teaches his players that bush league crap oughta be ..... well, ..... help me .... I'm stuck for acceptable words ... :lol:
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

Return to The Umpire Corner