Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

rosin bags

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by GIMNEPIWO » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:47 pm

bucketdad96 wrote:
MTR wrote:
Busted Shins wrote:
bucketdad96 wrote:Maybe I should stitch the towel to her shorts, then the pocket would be part of her uniform and thus "in the pocket" would be covered.

I can hear it now. "Blue, she's got an altered uniform..."

But is it on the non-approved uniform list?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

wouldn't you need to check the 'approved uniform list' and then cross reference with the ' non-approved uniform' list ... and then take into consideration the religious ramifications that say that some women must wear skirts without pockets ?
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by PDad » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:50 pm

MTR wrote:
bucketdad96 wrote:DD has used the Gorilla Gold. It's kind of like a tack rag that wood workers use to remove dust before painting. It works well for overly dry or wet conditions and she loves to use it, but we haven't come up with a good place to keep it. No pockets on her uniform shorts and when we hung it over the waistband of her shorts, her side got sticky.

Better get her some pockets because that is actually part of the rule. Cannot leave it on the ground (not that you would want to do that, but I can just see some coach complaining to an umpire that it is NOT in the pocket and the umpire doing something stupid!

Which rules say you cannot leave it on the ground? 2008 ASA 6.6.A FP says it must be kept on the ground behind the pitcher's plate.

We have a couple of pitchers that use rosin bags and need to know the rules for ASA Nationals.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by MTR » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:00 pm

PDad wrote:Which rules say you cannot leave it on the ground? 2008 ASA 6.6.A FP says it must be kept on the ground behind the pitcher's plate.

We have a couple of pitchers that use rosin bags and need to know the rules for ASA Nationals.

If you read the entire thread, you should realize that the discussion involving the player's uniform involves the Gorilla Gold which, by rule, is required to be kept in the player's pocket.
MTR

by PDad » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:46 pm

Sorry, I missed it because that section was modified in 2009 to include the drying agents...
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to The Umpire Corner