Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

do any of you ever file paperwork ??

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by Iluvblue » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:21 pm

I am curious if any UIC's or umpire ever have any paperwork to file after games? i am looking at ways to improve things in our area. One of my ideas is to have a UIC be required to file paperwork after any protest that briefly describes the nature of the protest and what the outcome was and point to the rule book showing why a ruling was decide in the way it was.

This would benefit umpire and coaches in my opinion.

Do any of you, anywhere in the US have something like this?

I would then like to see the results of these protests and the paerwork be available on our local associations website. I think this would benefit all. Any reasons why this is NOT a good idea?

Thanks
Iluvblue

by GIMNEPIWO » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:50 pm

Iluvblue wrote:I am curious if any UIC's or umpire ever have any paperwork to file after games? i am looking at ways to improve things in our area. One of my ideas is to have a UIC be required to file paperwork after any protest that briefly describes the nature of the protest and what the outcome was and point to the rule book showing why a ruling was decide in the way it was.

This would benefit umpire and coaches in my opinion.

Do any of you, anywhere in the US have something like this?

I would then like to see the results of these protests and the paerwork be available on our local associations website. I think this would benefit all. Any reasons why this is NOT a good idea?

Thanks

You seem very angry ...
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by Iluvblue » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:18 pm

Actually no, I am not. Do you think trying to improve things makes someone angry?
Iluvblue

by GIMNEPIWO » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:22 am

Iluvblue wrote:Actually no, I am not. Do you think trying to improve things makes someone angry?

Not at all ... just reading too much into the tone of your post ... The reasons I can think of why it is not being done ( if it isn't anywhere ) are the additional time or personel it would take and the fact that it would open up their decissions to further scrutiny ... but I suppose that in some form your idea is a good one ...

* I have NO dealings with this from either side ... being a newbe Blue I have not yet had a game protested, and as a Coach, I have only filed one protest ( illegal bat ) which was taken care of in our favor right then and there ... ( one protest, but had to come out of the dugout 4 times for them to get it right ) :o
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

Return to The Umpire Corner