Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

14U States umpires

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by anonlooker » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:25 am

GIMNEPIWO wrote:
anonlooker wrote:
STR8CALLER wrote:home umpire was right there,why did'nt he make the call?
wadeintothem wrote:
STR8CALLER wrote:in our third game on saturday night,it was a international tie breaker.we have a runner who probably does'nt even weigh 85 lbs.ball is hit to left center gap,she is on 2nd tries to score,ball is thrown from the cut off to home catcher is about 6 feet down third,gets the ball same time runner is there they collied, catcher and runner both go down, catcher shows ball and is called out, our runner gets ejected. field umpire is the one who said our runner threw a elbow at the catcher.i dont know how he called that because the ball and the runner got there at the same time.our runner did'nt even know where the ball was.so our player got ejected for the rest of that game and our first game sunday when we really neede her.

Not liking a call or needing a player really really bad doesnt mean it was a bad call.

Why do you put your replies above the quoted responses? It's like trying to read backward.

And I'm pretty sure if a girl intentionally throws an elbow, it doesn't matter what she weighs, where the defensive player is, if she has the ball or not, or which umpire sees it.

Throw an elbow, pack your gear.

As for Lancaster, the umpires were pretty decent. Obviously didn't get to see every call or every game, but the ones we had were consistent, kept control of the game, weren't afraid to ask for help when appropriate, hustled to their spots, knew the rules, etc. :D

Anon ... Maybe she /he is Asian ... and they read backwards ...

but ... he/she may be mad because both players were collied ?
The attachment collie_lee.jpg is no longer available
or that the catcher got called out for showing the ball ... I'm not sure either ... backwards read can't I But ...

:lol: :lol:
G'wo, someday I will start a thread called "G'wo's Moist Durunkenest Porsts", and start it off with this "collied" one... until then, please accept these... ;)
Attachments
pancake stack.jpg
pancake stack.jpg (22.89 KiB) Viewed 1749 times
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by GIMNEPIWO » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:10 am

anonlooker wrote:
GIMNEPIWO wrote:
anonlooker wrote:
STR8CALLER wrote:home umpire was right there,why did'nt he make the call?
wadeintothem wrote:
STR8CALLER wrote:in our third game on saturday night,it was a international tie breaker.we have a runner who probably does'nt even weigh 85 lbs.ball is hit to left center gap,she is on 2nd tries to score,ball is thrown from the cut off to home catcher is about 6 feet down third,gets the ball same time runner is there they collied, catcher and runner both go down, catcher shows ball and is called out, our runner gets ejected. field umpire is the one who said our runner threw a elbow at the catcher.i dont know how he called that because the ball and the runner got there at the same time.our runner did'nt even know where the ball was.so our player got ejected for the rest of that game and our first game sunday when we really neede her.

Not liking a call or needing a player really really bad doesnt mean it was a bad call.

Why do you put your replies above the quoted responses? It's like trying to read backward.

And I'm pretty sure if a girl intentionally throws an elbow, it doesn't matter what she weighs, where the defensive player is, if she has the ball or not, or which umpire sees it.

Throw an elbow, pack your gear.

As for Lancaster, the umpires were pretty decent. Obviously didn't get to see every call or every game, but the ones we had were consistent, kept control of the game, weren't afraid to ask for help when appropriate, hustled to their spots, knew the rules, etc. :D

Anon ... Maybe she /he is Asian ... and they read backwards ...

but ... he/she may be mad because both players were collied ?
collie_lee.jpg
or that the catcher got called out for showing the ball ... I'm not sure either ... backwards read can't I But ...

:lol: :lol:
G'wo, someday I will start a thread called "G'wo's Moist Durunkenest Porsts", and start it off with this "collied" one... until then, please accept these... ;)

Thanks for breakfast Anon :lol: ... hey ... it was 9 on a Monday evening ... couldn't hep mysef ... :lol:
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by Killer Rabbit » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:33 am

TravelSoftballDad wrote:How about the MG vs TNL game on Sunday? Play at the plate and runner is called safe with ump standing right over play. It was close so, as expected, some parents/coaches complain (prolly something most would do). Plate ump listens to them and walks out to field ump who is in right/center and, from what I understand, was able to see the play better than via his bionic Steven Austin eye. Runner is now out. I would understand if plate ump was shielded or something, but he was two feet away with clear view.

Ahhhh well...such is life.

I wish they would have called her out, but unfortunately it was the other way around. Home ump called the TNL runner out at home initially. Then after listening to TNL coaches/players/whoever complain, he then consulted with the base ump who was behind first base during the play. Then he changes his call to safe.
Ice cream?! When the f**k did we get ice cream?!
Killer Rabbit
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to The Umpire Corner