Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

Sharing Moment

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by umpinva » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:14 am

FED Rules

Bottom of eight, two outs and the game is tied when the winning run is driven in.

As soon as the BR (#3) touched first base the DC comes out declaring that the BR is an unreported sub.

The conversation continues as my partner joins us:

DC: That's an unreported sub, the run cannot score and the unreported sub should be out and ejected.

OC: Blue, I reported the sub earlier.

Me: With lineup cards in hand I show that I have #3 starting the game and #4 coming into the game as #3's sub. I do not have #3 re-entering the game.

DC: Then that run does not score!

Me: Coaches, I have an unreported sub. The penality for the unreported sub is a warning for the first offense. The next offender on this team shall be restricted to the bench for the remainder of the game. The head coach will also be retricted to the bench for the remainder of the game.

That run scores. This game is over.

Lot's of screaming and yelling from the visiting fans as we exited.
umpinva

by GIMNEPIWO » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:33 am

I hope you were right ... because as I was reading it, that's what I had for un-reported sub ...
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by wadeintothem » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:40 am

Nothing I hate worse than a decision to end the game.

You know if they would ever learn not to leave it up to an umpire, we would all be much happier... especially me.

Well done.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by umpinva » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:09 pm

wadeintothem wrote:Well done.

Thanks....every now and then I mess up and get something right.
umpinva

by Iluvblue » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:27 am

Didnt that rule recently change? This year or last? Thus the ruling was correct.
Iluvblue

by Iluvblue » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:28 am

Nothing I hate worse than a decision to end the game.

You know if they would ever learn not to leave it up to an umpire, we would all be much happier... especially me.

and actually, that decision didnt even end the game. The hit that scored the runner ended the game. The DC was hoping for a ruling that would continue the game.
Iluvblue

Return to The Umpire Corner