...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by wadeintothem » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:49 pm

Skarp wrote:
wadeintothem wrote:Recycling is lame.

Amen.

I work for the state and its mandatory - they gave us a personal garbage can for our desk about the size of Peanut Butter jar and it says "This is all the garbage I make" printed on it and the rest are different bins for recycling. I swear you would puke.

I hate it so much.

Some pot smoking hippie in County government (probably SB Junkie while he/she/it was listening to Obama Speaks Pod Casts) thought it up and it even infested the state offices.

Meanwhile we use about a hundred billion pieces of paper for BS.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by Skarp » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:10 pm

wadeintothem wrote:
Skarp wrote:

Amen.

I work for the state and its mandatory - they gave us a personal garbage can for our desk about the size of Peanut Butter jar and it says "This is all the garbage I make" printed on it and the rest are different bins for recycling. I swear you would puke.

I hate it so much.

Some pot smoking hippie in County government (probably SB Junkie while he/she/it was listening to Obama Speaks Pod Casts) thought it up and it even infested the state offices.

Ugh! Pathetic. :roll:

My brother was managing an apartment building some years back in Seattle when the city decided to mandate recycling for everyone...and to penalize failure to recycle with fines. Literally, there were (and maybe still are) dumpster police. He was concerned about liability for the actions of tenants.

Here's the thing. If you have to coerce people to recycle, or use tax money to subsidize it (coercion by other means), that means there isn't a shortage of the things being recycled. Otherwise there would be a profit in it.

I would say that at least a minor in economics should be required for anyone who wants to make decisions about how to spend our time and money, but the truth of the matter is that libs don't really care whether their schemes actually make sense. They just want to feel good about themselves.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by sb junkie » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:59 pm

GIMNEPIWO wrote:
sb junkie wrote:
wadeintothem wrote:It's softball.

Everything happens.

Hey dont be so smug, I could make a case sb junkie represents all softball parents.

How would you like that? :mrgreen:

So I guess wade represents all umpires?Seriously,what would you umps do without us "parents" supplementing your income,recycling?I know you love the game.Blah blah blah.

With all due respect ... I think I put underwear in the hamper this morning that had more going for it than you ...

D-3=Full ride.NOT!
sb junkie

by wadeintothem » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:19 am

sb junkie wrote:D-3=Full ride.NOT!

hmm Does that mean you are on your way to college? If so congrats! That does explain some things about you. I didnt quite understand why you chirp meaninglessly into this thread with angry little barely decipherable text message type sound bites. I guess that is what you are used to talking with your fellow girlfriends by text message!

I'm not sure if its your parents that made you so angry but it'll work its way out and youre probably on the right track.

Have fun in school and really, good luck! If you got a full ride, you earned it girl!
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by weekend4trvl » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:53 am

wadeintothem wrote:
Skarp wrote:

Amen.

I hate it so much.

Wade...don't bite the hand that feeds you. That pot smoking hippie created the job that you have and gave you job security that allows you travel around on do something you really enjoy(driving SB parents mad). So separate your trash with a smile and flash your hippie boss the peace sign next time he walks by. If you tell him the ribbon and headband story he might think you finally coming coming around.
weekend4trvl

by wadeintothem » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:12 am

weekend4trvl wrote:Wade...don't bite the hand that feeds you. That pot smoking hippie created the job that you have and gave you job security that allows you travel around on do something you really enjoy(driving SB parents mad). So separate your trash with a smile and flash your hippie boss the peace sign next time he walks by. If you tell him the ribbon and headband story he might think you finally coming coming around.

I do see where you can think that, since in general there are "cushy little liberal created state jobs" -- unfortunately for me thats not the case. I wish!
So without getting into it, and I cant (I have at least one person on these boards actively stalking my real personal life so I must be careful) - no pot smoking hippie created my job. Nor do pot smoking hippies like that my job exists :)

But yes ... I suppose I must mostly sort my trash with a smile on my face. At LEAST I do have a job and not only that, but thus far, not affected by Arnolds BS (yet).

I did personnally thank the guy who dreamed this up by telling him "Thank you for not making these little garbage cans made of hemp". He said ALMOST!!!

That would have been too much.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by weekend4trvl » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:25 am

wadeintothem wrote:
weekend4trvl wrote:Wade...don't bite the hand that feeds you. That pot smoking hippie created the job that you have and gave you job security that allows you travel around on do something you really enjoy(driving SB parents mad). So separate your trash with a smile and flash your hippie boss the peace sign next time he walks by. If you tell him the ribbon and headband story he might think you finally coming coming around.

I do see where you can think that, since in general there are "cushy little liberal created state jobs" -- unfortunately for me thats not the case. I wish!
So without getting into it, and I cant (I have at least one person on these boards actively stalking my real personal life so I must be careful) - no pot smoking hippie created my job. Nor do pot smoking hippies like that my job exists :)

But yes ... I suppose I must mostly sort my trash with a smile on my face. At LEAST I do have a job and not only that, but thus far, not affected by Arnolds BS (yet).

I did personnally thank the guy who dreamed this up by telling him "Thank you for not making these little garbage cans made of hemp". He said ALMOST!!!

That would have been too much.

What about that PEACE SIGN
weekend4trvl

by sb junkie » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:55 am

wadeintothem wrote:
sb junkie wrote:D-3=Full ride.NOT!

hmm Does that mean you are on your way to college? If so congrats! That does explain some things about you. I didnt quite understand why you chirp meaninglessly into this thread with angry little barely decipherable text message type sound bites. I guess that is what you are used to talking with your fellow girlfriends by text message!

I'm not sure if its your parents that made you so angry but it'll work its way out and youre probably on the right track.

Have fun in school and really, good luck! If you got a full ride, you earned it girl!

wade,you're right.I'll leave the umpire corner so you and gimwio,whatever his name is,can talk about how great umpires you guys are,and smarter than everyone else.I'll be stalking for any ridiculous statements you and your girlfriend post.Wade can you wear a ribbon or bow next game?just so I know who to heckle.
sb junkie

by wadeintothem » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:03 am

sb junkie wrote:wade,you're right.I'll leave the umpire corner so you and gimwio,whatever his name is,can talk about how great umpires you guys are,and smarter than everyone else.I'll be stalking for any ridiculous statements you and your girlfriend post.Wade can you wear a ribbon or bow next game?just so I know who to heckle.

Youre boring me, girl. And I know what you are thinking- No, its not just your lack of creativity or content, nor just your inane mumblings.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

Previous

Return to The Umpire Corner