Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

bad call

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by tbrown » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:49 pm

I have a question there is bases loaded and 2 outs a ground ball is hit to 2nd base. The runner had scored home before she tagged the girl running from 1st to second does the run score. I thought that it is a force out and the run should not score. Please respond I think I am right and that it does not take the force off second if you tag the runner instead of going to second. I think the run should not score.
tbrown

by Comp » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:11 pm

Tagging a runner who is forced to the next base is exactly the same as stepping on the base. No run can score if the 3rd out of the inning is the result of a force out.
Comp

by Anti-Clone » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:48 pm

tbrown wrote:I have a question there is bases loaded and 2 outs a ground ball is hit to 2nd base. The runner had scored home before she tagged the girl running from 1st to second does the run score. I thought that it is a force out and the run should not score. Please respond I think I am right and that it does not take the force off second if you tag the runner instead of going to second. I think the run should not score.

I almost hate to ask because any umpire could make a mistake, but was there something more to this play? This is not a difficult play nor a difficult rule. Was there ANY other action that took place? Was there any explanation supplied by the umpire(s)?
Anti-Clone

Return to The Umpire Corner