Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

Drop 3rd strike...

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by Ace » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:13 pm

ice_67 wrote:Our new fundraising event:

Sam's team playing against Ace's team. MTR and Wade umpiring, Skarp can be the UIC and Spazdad as TD. All under the "new" 18 Gold rules. We could have it up at Saboda, but you would have to check the weapons at the gaurd shack. :D

They'd be lining up at the gates.

And i'm sure it would be like this:
Wade: COACHES!!
ACE: Good morning sir.
Sam: Wuz uuuuuuuuuup
MTR: ACE! Watch where your standing! I just had those batters box's laser calibrated, and inspected by NASA. I know its expensive, but I called in a favor from a buddy in my fantasy field hockey league.
Wade: Before we flip, um, a little trivia on how and when the first "flip" took place"
MTR: Oh and when you finish I'll tell them how the U.S. mint settled on a circle as the official shape for the quarter!
Sam: Uh can we move this along? My pitchers are starting to cool down
Wade: I'm in charge here PRIVATE!
MTR: OK we need to check both coaches for steel spikes!
Ace: I'm pretty sure we arent wearing spikes blue. Nor would that give either of us an advant....
MTR: SILENCE!
WADE: CHEATER! I saw somthing shiny under your foot!!!
Sam: I'm standing on your quarter.
Wade: Are you sassing me boy?!
Ace: Why dont I just concede, and we'll hit first.
MTR/Wade: We need a conference
Sam: Are you kidding me?!
Ace: These guys are dicks
MTR/Wade: COACHES! Time has expired!
Ace: :shock:
Sam: :o
Mtr: Hey wade, wanna come sit on the trunk of my car and read comic books?
Wade: No sir, Im gonna stand behind this 8 and under game and make sure nobody cheats! An umpires work is never done.
MTR: ok, maybe I'll go to the grocery store and count customers items in the express check out lane. It helps me improve my "game"
Wade: your learning young jedi..... The force is strong in you.

The End.
Last edited by Ace on Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."
Ace

by anonlooker » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:14 pm

Skarp wrote:
wadeintothem wrote: We can tell you to piss up a rope, take a hike, eject you, cash your check, and we'll be back on the field the next weekend.

Thanks boss!

lol

My point in this thread has merely been that any intelligent and moderately civil expert in any field isn't going to expect non-experts to possess his level of knowledge in that field, and isn't going to act like a pompous tool toward them whenever they don't.

And I also stand prepared to level a much more serious indictment of your profession.

So Wade, no matter how much you suck, you'll be back on the field tomorrow, sucking some more... getting paid and laughing about it. What a credit to umpiring you are.

And Skarp, what ever gave you the idea you were dealing with an intelligent and moderately civil expert, of all things? The reason he's a pompous tool is because, as aptly demonstrated in this thread, he's none of the above.

And I stand prepared to read your leveling of a much more serious indictment of his cough cough profession.

We may as well be reading that, because you sure can't post a rules question on HeyBucket without it being hi-jacked to Elba.
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by ice_67 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:28 pm

Skarp wrote:

Sam's team playing against Ace's team. MTR and Wade umpiring, Skarp can be the UIC and Spazdad as TD. All under the "new" 18 Gold rules. We could have it up at Saboda, but you would have to check the weapons at the gaurd shack. :D

My response to every protest or inquiry: "figure it out your damn self...can't you see I'm drinking here?"

Macallan I presume?

I almost forgot we need someone in charge of the fields/equipment, I'm thinking the Softball Soldiers, and a Scorekeeper, maybe CF is available, and Tom D in charge of roster verification.
"[b] Let no player say, if only i had tried harder"
ice_67

by wadeintothem » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:28 pm

Ace wrote: Now your famous dick.

What about it?

I'm probably decades too old for you.

Besides I dont swing your way.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by wadeintothem » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:31 pm

Ace wrote:

And i'm sure it would be like this:
Wade: COACHES!!
ACE: Good morning sir.
Sam: Wuz uuuuuuuuuup
MTR: ACE! Watch where your standing! I just had those batters box's laser calibrated, and inspected by NASA. I know its expensive, but I called in a favor from a buddy in my fantasy field hockey league.
Wade: Before we flip, um, a little trivia on how and when the first "flip" took place"
MTR: Oh and when you finish I'll tell them how the U.S. mint settled on a circle as the official shape for the quarter!
Sam: Uh can we move this along? My pitchers are starting to cool down
Wade: I'm in charge here PRIVATE!
MTR: OK we need to check both coaches for steel spikes!
Ace: I'm pretty sure we arent wearing spikes blue. Nor would that give either of us an advant....
MTR: SILENCE!
WADE: CHEATER! I saw somthing shiny under your foot!!!
Sam: I'm standing on your quarter.
Wade: Are you sassing me boy?!
Ace: Why dont I just concede, and we'll hit first.
MTR/Wade: We need a conference
Sam: Are you kidding me?!
Ace: These guys are dicks
MTR/Wade: COACHES! Time has expired!
Ace: :shock:
Sam: :o
Mtr: Hey wade, wanna come sit on the trunk of my car and read comic books?
Wade: No sir, Im gonna stand behind this 8 and under game and make sure nobody cheats! An umpires work is never done.
MTR: ok, maybe I'll go to the grocery store and count customers items in the express check out lane. It helps me improve my "game"
Wade: your learning young jedi..... The force is strong in you.

The End.

You are functionally illiterate and border on incoherency; not to mention your marked phallic obsession and 8th grade mental aptitude, but at least you make up for it by being uncreative and lame.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by wadeintothem » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:43 pm

That wouldnt be fair. Sam really is a coach. Me and MTR are real umpires and in demand (like it or not :) ) .. ace is a 9th grader who pretends to be an adult, poorly.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by wadeintothem » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:37 pm

I think i surrender. :mrgreen:

Cant argue with crowd.. not on the field or here. I should know better! Most of you guys, like ace or anon, certainly may not know much about softball, but you sure can fight it out on a MB; as I'm sure you guys could from the stands! I'll give you guys that much credit. I would never argue with you guys while you were sitting on your metal seats... so why would I be dumb enough to try it here?

You win! Good luck in high school ace! I'm sure you'll do fine once the puberty/hormone thing settles down.

See you on another thread, this one bores.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by ice_67 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:02 pm

ice_67 wrote:
Skarp wrote:

My response to every protest or inquiry: "figure it out your damn self...can't you see I'm drinking here?"

Macallan I presume?

I almost forgot we need someone in charge of the fields/equipment, I'm thinking the Softball Soldiers, and a Scorekeeper, maybe CF is available, and Tom D in charge of roster verification.

Update on the game,

There will be a $2500 entry fee per player. All fees will be donated to the new non profit firm called bailusoutorbust. In case of rain out, refunds will be processed by Sparkler.com, VTD insurance is out and now our new sponsor(AIG) will be underwriting, first prize is 12 remanufactured Stealths. Uniform coordination will be headed up by SHIM. We are still trying to provide snackbar coverage, unless you can bring your own BBQ to our location.
"[b] Let no player say, if only i had tried harder"
ice_67

Previous

Return to The Umpire Corner