Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

Illegal Pitches

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by rickdav24 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:04 pm

How much Illegal Pitches is to Much for an umpire to call during a Single game. SoCal Finest (Feed a Family). One game and that game was all about a Field Umpire all about her. Fourteen (14) Illegal pitches called in One Game I've never called that many in 5yrs umpiring (6). Our Pitcher Never changed a thing and yet it was a hit and miss calls when she wanted to call it. Why waste a Time-Out when they give you NO Correction and it was all about her that game. Like they had to prove something to everyone. Pitcher was never taking gaining an advantage on the batters and the other coaches on the other team never thought she was Illegall pitching. Lefty Pitcher left foot was pivoting into the pitching mound and she said she was losing contact......How about a shadow I guess she's never heard of that. She drags her foot ......inside of her shoe both the heel and inside toe.......Its a shame that an umpire needs to bring their 18 yrs of experience into a game and take control thaty way. Pitcher was never the same after......I could understand States/Nationals but really it's just Pool Games. WoW!!!!!!
rickdav24

by tcannizzo » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:31 pm

Spaz,
So, you ARE trainable. 8-)
Tony Cannizzo
Umpire
"May all the close calls go your way"
tcannizzo

by GIMNEPIWO » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:07 pm

rickdav24 wrote:How much Illegal Pitches is to Much for an umpire to call during a Single game. SoCal Finest (Feed a Family). One game and that game was all about a Field Umpire all about her. Fourteen (14) Illegal pitches called in One Game I've never called that many in 5yrs umpiring (6). Our Pitcher Never changed a thing and yet it was a hit and miss calls when she wanted to call it. Why waste a Time-Out when they give you NO Correction and it was all about her that game. Like they had to prove something to everyone. Pitcher was never taking gaining an advantage on the batters and the other coaches on the other team never thought she was Illegall pitching. Lefty Pitcher left foot was pivoting into the pitching mound and she said she was losing contact......How about a shadow I guess she's never heard of that. She drags her foot ......inside of her shoe both the heel and inside toe.......Its a shame that an umpire needs to bring their 18 yrs of experience into a game and take control thaty way. Pitcher was never the same after......I could understand States/Nationals but really it's just Pool Games. WoW!!!!!!

IDK ... How much spelling, capitalization, grammar and punctuation errors can you have in one post ?
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by Comp » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:13 pm

If she was illegal 14 times, call it 14 times.
Comp

by GIMNEPIWO » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:14 pm

Comp wrote:If she was illegal 14 times, call it 14 times.

We have a winner ! :lol:
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by Imperial SB Dad » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:16 pm

rickdav24 wrote: Fourteen (14) Illegal pitches called in One Game I've never called that many in 5yrs umpiring (6). Lefty Pitcher left foot was pivoting into the pitching mound and she said she was losing contact......

Maybe you haven't called many illegal pitches in your 5 years of umpiring because you don't know there is no pitching mound in softball. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Imperial SB Dad

by MTR » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:59 pm

Imperial SB Dad wrote:
rickdav24 wrote: Fourteen (14) Illegal pitches called in One Game I've never called that many in 5yrs umpiring (6). Lefty Pitcher left foot was pivoting into the pitching mound and she said she was losing contact......

Maybe you haven't called many illegal pitches in your 5 years of umpiring because you don't know there is no pitching mound in softball. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And people think I'm anal.....well, I am and this is a great post!!
MTR

by HugoTafurst » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:40 am

rickdav24 wrote:How much Illegal Pitches is to Much for an umpire to call during a Single game. SoCal Finest (Feed a Family). One game and that game was all about a Field Umpire all about her. Fourteen (14) Illegal pitches called in One Game I've never called that many in 5yrs umpiring (6). Our Pitcher Never changed a thing and yet it was a hit and miss calls when she wanted to call it. Why waste a Time-Out when they give you NO Correction and it was all about her that game. Like they had to prove something to everyone. Pitcher was never taking gaining an advantage on the batters and the other coaches on the other team never thought she was Illegall pitching. Lefty Pitcher left foot was pivoting into the pitching mound and she said she was losing contact......How about a shadow I guess she's never heard of that. She drags her foot ......inside of her shoe both the heel and inside toe.......Its a shame that an umpire needs to bring their 18 yrs of experience into a game and take control thaty way. Pitcher was never the same after......I could understand States/Nationals but really it's just Pool Games. WoW!!!!!!

I'm having a little trouble understanding what actually happened, but if she is illegal, call it.
That doesn't make the game about the umpire, that is the umpire doing her job.
If the pitcher can not fix the problem, get a new pitcher.
Why blame the umpire for the pitchers lack of ability to pitch legally?

Not trying to be sarcastic, but what do you exoxpect an umpire to do if the pitcher can not hit the strike zone, call pitches not in the zone strikes?
HugoTafurst

by Bretman » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:53 am

What is "a shadow" and what does it have to do with the pitching rules?
Click Here >>> To Visit The Glove Shop On-Line
Bretman

by AlwaysImprove » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:04 am

Bretman wrote:What is "a shadow" and what does it have to do with the pitching rules?

I think OP is pushing the premise that the umpire was calling an illegal pitch based on a shadow next to the pitchers foot making it look like the pitchers foot was losing contact, when in fact it was not. Of course, it is impossible to determine without actually being there and seeing it, or really great video.

The rest of his rant was funny. The crap you umpires have to listen to from cranked up pitchers dads and coaches kills me. How do you keep from laughing?
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to The Umpire Corner