Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

She can't pitch wearing sunglasses???

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by GIMNEPIWO » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:25 am

Sweet wrote:Thanks again for the replies. We have gone through lots of non-mirrored glasses, and they seem to get broken very quickly... admitedaly this is user error, as my dd needs to be more careful with her gear. My hubby found these metal glasses (at Home depot of all places) that are super sturdy, fit dd's head, etc.... but the lenses happen to be metalic like (the fnish isn't quite as mirror as the pp posted aviators). We are constantly in search of the next "perfect pair", which now will have to be with black lenses, LOL.

I've seen the Mizuno optic yellow stitching called and sharpied out in a game, but never the sunglasses! Thanks again for the discussion!

I am a chronic sun glass breaker ... The ones your Hubby got at HD might be a safety glass pair ... I have purchased some similar ( Stihl - chain saw/ string trimmer ) that hold up well ...
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by Sam » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:58 pm

Hey, they let Cat Osterman pitch with a towel tucked in her shorts....that was visible when she pivoted on the pitchers plate and leapt towards the plate. Why would sunglasses be against the rules. 8-)
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to The Umpire Corner