Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

Honestly heard

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by WildRoseCoach » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:38 am

Well I honestly heard this one over the weekend......

Plate Umpire on a foul ball.... "Foul Ball...Hit her in the box"

I had to chuckle to myself as this was a 12U game.... but I wanted to tell him "No it didn't, it hit her in the leg" :lol:
WildRoseCoach

by Hitmechanic » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:50 am

:o I hope it didn't show in the box score! :lol:
'Wait for a good post to slam"-Big K.
Hitmechanic

by MTR » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:55 pm

WildRoseCoach wrote:Well I honestly heard this one over the weekend......

Plate Umpire on a foul ball.... "Foul Ball...Hit her in the box"

I had to chuckle to myself as this was a 12U game.... but I wanted to tell him "No it didn't, it hit her in the leg" :lol:

Old umpire joke, but usually with the batter with the comeback you mention. :D
MTR

by WildRoseCoach » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:03 pm

I know it's an old umpire joke..... that's what made it really funny when I actually heard the Blue say it.
WildRoseCoach

by umpinva » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:47 pm

WildRoseCoach wrote:Well I honestly heard this one over the weekend...

Well it wasn't this weekend but earlier in the week after a close play at first I had a coach wanting me to get help from my partner. I questioned the coach about what he wanted me to ask my partner and the coach's response was "ask your partner if he had a different angle."

After confirming from my partner that he did in fact have a different angle my response to the coach was "Yes Sir you were right, my partner did have a different angle. Now it's time to play ball." It was hard to keep a straight face as the coach returned to the dugout shaking his head and I sprinted to my next position.
umpinva

by ballguy » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:19 pm

Speaking of old umpire jokes and chuckles; many years ago I was umpiring with a friend at a local little league game. There was a lady in the stands just ripping my buddy. He gave her a rule book told her to read it and also told her to come back if she thought she could do better. Lo and behold 3 days later she was there. They put her on first base and sure enough she has a bang bang play. After a short while my buddy asks her whats the call. Her reply---"too close to Call"
We had a few brews over that one!
ballguy

Return to The Umpire Corner