Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

Learned something new:)

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by Iluvblue » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:08 pm

So a batter checks her swing with 2 strikes, we ask home plate blue for help from his partner as we obviously think this was clearly a swing. He wont give us help. So I go out and ask him why we cant get help, to which he replies that since there were base runners on base, his partner's job is to watch the runners and therefor he can not possibly be watching the hitter to know whether or not she swung.

So I learned something new about umpiring this weekend. If runners are on base, we can never get help on a swing from the field umpire.

Glad I am always learning something new from the experienced men in blue...... and that is why, ILUVBLUE:)
Iluvblue

by Bretman » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:24 pm

You likely didn't "learn" this from experienced men in blue, because if they were experienced they probably wouldn't be giving you a bogus explanation like the one you got.

Un-learn what you were taught...fast!
Click Here >>> To Visit The Glove Shop On-Line
Bretman

by anonlooker » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:11 pm

Was it April Fools Day?

But here is something new : an "e"
... to put at the end of therefor
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by Iluvblue » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:49 am

What I learned is that some serious sarcasm is not easily understood on heybucket through a post. :D
Iluvblue

by GIMNEPIWO » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:49 am

Iluvblue wrote:What I learned is that some serious sarcasm is not easily understood on heybucket through a post. :D

That's one more vote for the biting sarcasm emoticon ...
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by PDad » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:43 am

Iluvblue wrote:What I learned is that some serious sarcasm is not easily understood on heybucket through a post. :D

Or in your username...
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Iluvblue » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:22 am

I have come to love the blues.... the good ones, because i truly appreciate the guys out there that are really good. But when I get some guy that tries to blow smoke up my arse like this guy, just really pisses me off.
Iluvblue

Return to The Umpire Corner