Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

Tired of some umps

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by Bretman » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:35 pm

MTR wrote:BretMan, did you delete the post where you said only the coach is guilty of such a thing?

I must have deleted it then blocked it from my memory, because I don't remember posting anything that said it is "always the coach's fault".

Well, they say that the memory is the first thing to go. I can't remember what the second thing is! I...uhhh...ummm...what were we talking about?
Click Here >>> To Visit The Glove Shop On-Line
Bretman

by Sam » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:48 am

MTR wrote:
Sam wrote:Apparently, from MTR and Bretman's point of view, it is always the coach who, not only causes the contact, but also causes the two parties to be too close in every situation this happens. It is NEVER the umpire who reacts to a coach comment and comes closer to the coach in order to be heard.

BretMan, did you delete the post where you said on the coach is guilty of such a thing? I certainly don't remember saying such a thing. You think Sam Strawman might be making this up?

I've had a few umpires chase me as I walked away from them, one of which apparently wanted to see what my nose smelled like. If had accidently bumped him after I walked away from the conversation, I guess I should be arrested and charged with a felony. The volunteer gets charged with the crime and has to spend $5K on attornies if the volunteer has any money....after all .....we are talking about volunteers. Then the volunteer loses the case and is fired from their job for being a convicted felon. All because an umpire needed to smell a nose.

Apparently, there is a reading comprehension issue here. Actually, I would expect nothing less from ANYONE who is assaulted than to press charges.

Very nice, Mike....you create a strawman by claiming that I created one. Unique.

I posted my perception of what you guys posted, giving you the opportunity to set me straight. You reply with your typical crap.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by MTR » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:46 pm

Sam wrote:Very nice, Mike....you create a strawman by claiming that I created one. Unique.

I posted my perception of what you guys posted, giving you the opportunity to set me straight. You reply with your typical crap.

Let's see. You make an assumption based on absolutely nothing that exists in any posts and I'm posting crap. Are you sure you are not a member of the 9th Circus Court of Appeals? Most of your arguments sound a lot like the CS those clowns usually issue.
MTR

by Sam » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:17 pm

MTR wrote:
Sam wrote:Very nice, Mike....you create a strawman by claiming that I created one. Unique.

Let's see. You make an assumption based on absolutely nothing that exists in any posts and I'm posting crap. Are you sure you are not a member of the 9th Circus Court of Appeals? Most of your arguments sound a lot like the CS those clowns usually issue.

Well, at least I got you to agree that umpires who get too close and cause contact with coaches should be charged with assault as well....in your world of litigation.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by amazing » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:29 am

Absolutely nothing is gained by a coach or umpire engaging in loud and inappropriate behavior on the feild. Even when you are right the players will not understand or appreciate the over the top actions. All they will remember is how you acted and that will be the snapshot that is burned into their minds forever. Kids take pictures in their minds everyday. What kind of picture do you want to be included in?
amazing

by GIMNEPIWO » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:35 pm

amazing wrote:Absolutely nothing is gained by a coach or umpire engaging in loud and inappropriate behavior on the feild. Even when you are right the players will not understand or appreciate the over the top actions. All they will remember is how you acted and that will be the snapshot that is burned into their minds forever. Kids take pictures in their minds everyday. What kind of picture do you want to be included in?

Oh geez .... :roll:
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by MTR » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:49 pm

amazing wrote:Absolutely nothing is gained by a coach or umpire engaging in loud and inappropriate behavior on the feild.

Absolutely agree and include this in the game management portion of clinics. I instruct umpires not to argue.

Sam wrote:Well, at least I got you to agree that umpires who get too close and cause contact with coaches should be charged with assault as well....in your world of litigation.

YOU didn't do anything (as usual) since I never made any such assertion. For that matter, if anyone suggested it be let go, it was you who didn't believe it was an issue for the police.
MTR

by clintbos » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:17 pm

Iluvblue wrote:So I call time out for the 2nd time in the inning to talk with my pitcher who was really struggling. As I get back to the dugout the homeplate blue yells at me, coach that is your second trip to the mound in the inning the pitcher needs to be removed.

Im sitting on the bucket and I yell out at him doesnt matter if I call 3 in an inning, she is fine.

He Basically starts talking shit to me like.... I dont know what rule book you are going by... and blah blah blah.

Now it is bad enough that this guy has to talk to me in a loud tone and like I am 5, but he doesnt know what the hell he is talking about. I just keep repeating to him.. " Can you check with your partner please."

After his partner sets him straight, youd think I would have gotten a simple look and a My mistake coach. Hell no, back to home plate he goes and lets continue. And some umps wonder why they have so many problems with me.

Funny how the best umps in this area have a pretty good relationship with me, as they know what the hell they are doing.

I wont even get into the ump that chest bumped me and dropped some F bombs.

Sad.

You can call 3 defensive conferences in a 7 inning ball game and then 1 for every extra inning. If you go over, the pitcher must be removed and cannot pitch again in that game. Keep in mind though you can conference with anybody without being charged while the offensive team has called a conference.
clintbos

Previous

Return to The Umpire Corner