Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

Ear piercings ASA

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by wadeintothem » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:34 pm

Actually, JO and adult have the same jewelry rule in ASA. It is just often enforced differently depending on who is on the field.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by buckMed » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:51 am

ASAPAump wrote:The only thing regarding jewelry in the rule book is the following:
3-6-F. Exposed jewelry, which is judged by the umpire to be dangerous, must be removed and may not be worn during the game. Medical alert bracelets or necklaces are not considered jewelry. If worn, they must be taped to the body so the medical alert information remains visible.

Yes I also believe that medical alert bracelets or necklaces should not be removed from the players. This will help in determining if one needs an immediate medical attention. On the other hand, all jewelries are not safe during the game so they should be removed.
Last edited by buckMed on Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
buckMed

by GIMNEPIWO » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:06 am

As long as this thread was bumped into this time zone ... In NSA 23U, the players are allowed to wear jewelry as in NCAA ...
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by chinamigarden » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:43 am

Rule or no rule, its smart to not wear jewelry when playing sports. I was playing in a mens league where our third baseman took a bad hop off the chest. Hit him right on a cross he was wearing. Cut him wide open, needed stitches. My sister took Karate and a girl in her class had her ear pinned back by her earring post. Not fun.
chinamigarden

Previous

Return to The Umpire Corner