Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

AZ

USSSA "The Ribbon" tournament

by thebest14uhitterinaz » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:09 pm

gone in sixty seconds
thebest14uhitterinaz

by Smiley » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:47 pm

thebest14uhitterinaz wrote:gone in sixty seconds

Hmmm. The old "shoot from the hip then run and hide" trick.
Smiley

by sftblljunkie » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:36 pm

Smiley wrote:
thebest14uhitterinaz wrote:Yawn....First you say its a pitcher on the team now you say "the best 14U hitter in AZ"... Which is it??? Or should I ask whats your "opinion"? :lol:

My guess is that your DD is a pitcher, but you also think she is a great hitter. (Don't all pitcher's parents think that?) But really it doesn't much matter. I am bored with you and this whole Fever thing. Sorry you are so worked up about one guy thinking Fever is not the best team in AZ. Can I suggest that you get a life that does not revolve around your child's softball play? I think you would be much happier.

OMG!! You mean there IS a life thats doesn't involve softball??????? :o :o :o Please...where can I find one!!!! :lol:
No blood.....No bone.....No tears. Suck it up!!!
sftblljunkie

by pinto loco » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:04 am

You guys are hilarious. Seems as if Smiley is the parent of a daughter that tried out for Fever and didn't make it and "best hitter in 14U az" doesn't sound like a parent, sounds like a junior high kid that plays for Fever. Smiley heard exactly what he/she wanted to hear (probably from a Stealth parent) that Stealth outclassed Fever.

I know of all the groups mentioned in the train of emails. To clarify and give you guys some facts to discuss versus what you heard: Fever didn't qualify for ASA Nationals for the first time in four years and everyone, with the possible exception of Smiley, would agree that was probably due to injuries. I wonder if Stealth had lost #99 if they would have still found themselves in Moline vs Ft. Collins. She is good - most would argue better than Fever's or a lot of others.

#1 was throwing for Fever against Stealth. Didn't look like herself.......too many walks. She only pitched two innings wherein Stealth got 6 of their 7 runs largely off a timely hit behind too many free passes. As I understand it though, Fever's #1 was throwing up before the game, during the game and after the game......tough day to be on the mound. Credit should go to Stealth though, specifically #99. A 7-6 win on Saturday (Fever came back and got 4 in the last inning off #99 to make it close) and a 2-0 win on Sunday. Fever's #1 pitched again on Sunday................better, but still three walks in the only inning Stealth scored. Hard to denfend against walks. I wouldn't go so far as to say they were "outclassed" though. Both were good games IMO and were a lot of fun to watch. As I understand it, Fever does have two other pitchers, one was injured and didn't play, and the other was effective IMO. For whatever that's worth.

I'm sure Fever appreciates your opinion as to their inability to compete in Showcase tournaments. They're probably withdrawing due to Smiley's comments as we speak. By the way, the top '95 they had last year...really? I'm surprised you didn't post about Fever's pitching issues after watching her last year. Might have been more appropriate than expressing those concerns today.

I’m a fan of softball, I have been for years, and for that matter, I’ve been a fan of the Stealth, Fever and others throughout those years. Seems like most teams have good girls, most are coached by good coaches. I’m also a huge fan of #99. If she isn't the best in the valley, she’s right up there with ‘em. And, I also think Fever is an awfully talented group and can compete with anyone on any given Sunday – just like they did last weekend.

We all tout these web sites as being "all about the girls", but Smiley's and "best hitter in 14U az" posts have proved us wrong once again. The banter between their postings is a prime example of why these sites do nothing to promote our young girls, or their teams, but rather try to destroy them.

If someone thinks you might be a fool, better to keep your mouth shut than to open it and prove it. And we all remember this one, if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. Just enjoy the game. At the end of the day, mommy’s and daddy's opinions are always skewed and typically very different than the players and their coaches. Which opinions do you think are more accurate?

Unfortunately, until all competitive softball players come from orphanages, I’m afraid things will never change.
pinto loco

by biggun » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:06 am

first, im surprised that "besthitterin14u" would dismiss team az so casually by making the comment about their pitcher spanking them. i think their team has proven time and again they can hang, and from what i understand they were wrecking shop on alot of seasoned 14u teams when they were still 12u, but im not informed on the paticulars as i do in fact have a life myself so i could be mistaken, but not likely. second, why does everyone keep saying "its for the girls"? softball is for the girls. however these sites are for the parents. everything ive read and seen has been top to bottom about the parents good and bad. theres nothing wrong with that they need a place to speak their whispers about a team thats overrated or toot their dds teams horn when they do well, whats wrong with that? let this be about the parents opinions this is the best forum for inappropriate comments and eye gouging, better here than humiliating our girls on the field. i love it let the viscera fly! i love it when its all sunshine and moonbeams too. get it out of your systems then behave at the games thats my take on this whole thing. good luck to all the 14u teams see you yoootches in the dirt. :D
biggun

by AZ Bomber » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:18 pm

besthitterin14u = politico
Does that help you understand.
AZ Bomber

by AZ96Dad » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:15 am

AZ Bomber wrote:besthitterin14u = politico
Does that help you understand.

I figured that.... :idea:
AZ96Dad

by biggun » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:23 pm

so.... does that mean politico is a hater? :x does politico post here anymore? who is his team?
biggun

by AZ96Dad » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:51 pm

Lil Saints is Politico's team
AZ96Dad

by biggun » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:55 pm

oh i see. thank you. :D
biggun

Previous

Return to AZ