Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

AZ

ASA National Berths

by morgan » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:54 pm

Okay this is my first serious journey through the ASA Nationals qualification process, so forgive my ignorance, ye grizzled veterans...

From the ASA code, the following berths are possible for an Arizona team for each age group:
1 State Berth (AZ teams only)
1 National Qualifier berth per region, open to any team
up to 8 HOF berths, open to any qualifying team
2 Regional berths per region, (Region 13 teams only?)

How are the 2 Regional berths allotted? This question was asked at the ASA meeting by a very experienced coach, and I don't believe the question was answered. I don't see any tournaments listed. What am I missing? Do you have to know the secret handshake? Can a region just decide not to allot some berths? That would seem to be contrary to the best interest of the whole program.

If you look at some other regions' websites, EACH of the above qualifiers is listed separately in a very clear manner. I suppose you can chase around the country trying to qualify, but who has money/time for that? Don't know if a week in Bloomington in August is worth it anyway. I'm starting to understand the whole Premier thing now.

BTW I have e-mailed this question to ASA already at various levels, waiting for a response. Tick, tick, tick.
morgan

by THE MAD-DOG99 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:19 am

I hope someone answers your question..?

I would like to know also...lol

FWIW...last year 4 teams that qualified did so by ..1 winning state...2 did HOF and 1 did out of state..national qualifier..I believe..New Mexico...

I believe the additional berths might have to do with pass down or previous year state winner,

I think, ..? gets an auto bid...?

You could just do state..?
I think that was the thought process with last years winner...?
If we win..we will go..if not..Utah looks good..lol

There is a National qualifier in Kingman in May..?
THE MAD-DOG99

by PDad » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:52 pm

morgan wrote:From the ASA code, the following berths are possible for an Arizona team for each age group:
1 State Berth (AZ teams only)
1 National Qualifier berth per region, open to any team
up to 8 HOF berths, open to any qualifying team
2 Regional berths per region, (Region 13 teams only?)

How are the 2 Regional berths allotted? This question was asked at the ASA meeting by a very experienced coach, and I don't believe the question was answered. I don't see any tournaments listed. What am I missing? Do you have to know the secret handshake? Can a region just decide not to allot some berths? That would seem to be contrary to the best interest of the whole program.

Your region also gets an additional berth for "Geographical Hardship" according to ASA Code 516.G.

The Regional berths should be awarded at a tournament in your region. Does your region have a website? They're the people you need to contact.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:56 pm

THE MAD-DOG99 wrote:FWIW...last year 4 teams that qualified did so by ..1 winning state...2 did HOF and 1 did out of state..national qualifier..I believe..New Mexico...
There is a National qualifier in Kingman in May..?

The NQ was out of your state, but it was for your region...
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by az.fever22 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:54 pm

Killer Bees beat Hotshots at Qualifier in New Mexico
Fever and Saints birth came from HOF
Hotshots won birth with State Title :D
az.fever22

Return to AZ