Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

AZ

Teams in this weekends Tucson Tourney

by 96Coach » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:47 am

Avalanche 95, Desert Scorpions, Desert Thunder 96, Thunderhawks, AZ Swat, Aztecs 96, Tucson Ladysharks, Arizona Stealth, AZ Cats 96, Team Velocity 96, 96 USA, SV Diamonds 96.

I predict Arizona Stealth and Desert Thunder 96, with a close win by Stealth 3 - 2.
96Coach

by Dogma » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:17 am

"Never make predictions, especially about the future". :lol:
Casey Stengel
Dogma

by sftblljunkie » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:01 pm

The last time Stealth played DT96, they blew them away...leaving Dt with 0 runs. Could be DT needs to exact some revenge. Aztecs beat the Stealth 3-2 however........ could be Stealth needs some revenge. Don't count out those Cats 96 either and Velocity won't just lay down and take it either. Wonder why DT Blue isnt playing? If the rain will stay away... we might get in a good tourney. Have to see who's left standing when the dust settles..... no predictions from here.
No blood.....No bone.....No tears. Suck it up!!!
sftblljunkie

by 96Coach » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:50 pm

Got to see some action this weekend. Made it to the fields sunday to see the stealth and Desert Thunder, and too check out the Aztecs. In one semi-final before the rain really came down the Stealth and Desert Thunder were starting to battle. I was all comfortable in my chair ready for the action, then all of a sudden bam rain then hail and it didn't stop. Too bad this was the semi-final and not the final. In the other side of the bracket two teams I didn't think would be there actually made it. The Thunderhawks who beat the Aztecs 96 and the Desert Scorpions who beat the AZ Cats 96 were facing off. I heard that the Thunderhawks and Scorpions played each other on Saturday with the hawks pulling out the victory. It wouldn't matter who won that game the winner of the Stealth and DT96 would have eventually won the whole thing. Stupid Mother Nature! :D
96Coach

by sftblljunkie » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:23 pm

I agree that the rain really put a damper on the tournament....Pun intended :D I thought at first that SWAT was going to pull out a victory over Velocity but it was short lived. Scorpions beating up on the Cats was a surprise to many. With Scorpions losing many players to high school and starting up their practices later than everyone else... many thought they would be struggling this season. Glad to see they are still going to be a challenge. The AZtecs had a great game against Stealth...losing by two but still giving them something to think about. So far they are tied with Stealth with one win and one loss. Unfortuantely, they had a very disappointing loss against the Thunderhawks. Looks like the championship game might have been Thunderhawks and Stealth... if the Hawks had gotten past the Scorpions. I think you can blame the weather only so much.... it was bitterly cold and windy and everyone's fingers were very sore, I'm sure... however, everyone had to play in it. Onward to Vegas for some... DT96, Velocity, and AZtecs are going from Tucson. Come on Tucson...lets represent!!
No blood.....No bone.....No tears. Suck it up!!!
sftblljunkie

by DsrtScorpion » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:20 pm

The Scorpions had the toughest day we have ever had as a team on Saturday. With basically no time on the field since early December it was expected but not to that extent. On Sunday, it was the old Scorpion team on the field crushing the ball and making the plays. In the first inning of the semi-final we were already up 6-0 with no outs so if a champ game was played with stealth or DT I believe you would have had seen a competitive entertaining game. This was the first weekend these ladies have been together as a team and after getting the pool play out of the way they played like the great team that the coaches/parents know they are.

See you all on the field...
DsrtScorpion

Return to AZ