Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

AZ

14U TOP 10 TEAM RANKING (Arizona) UPDATED–Feb 3, 2010

by Saints » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:55 pm

As a coach of one of the so called top 14u teams here in Phoenix, the rankings don't really mean a hole lot at this point. Politico is doing a great job getting information out to everyone here in Arizona and accross the Country. As far as the question, if a team qualifies out of State and does that make them a lesser team? No absolutely not. Earning a berth to the ASA National Tournament is a goal that we set out to accomplish each and every year. How you get there is not easy, whether you qualify in your own local association or you take a team across to the country. I have taken teams all over the Country to qualify and some years we were head and shoulders above the rest from Arizona and some years not but earned it just the same.
Saints

by AZ Bomber » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:48 pm

I was misunderstood a bit. My remarks were based on this comment:

[quote="Politico"][b]
The Top Teams in this years 14U Final Rankings will be determined by your Team Qualifying for ASA Nationals

I was just pointing out that qualifying for ASA Nationals certainly means you are a pretty strong team, but if you dont qualify for ASA Nationals you may be a pretty strong team also, if not the best in Arizona. If you qualify out of state, NO you are not a lesser team, but it does not make you better then a team that has not qualified.

I agree the rankings are of interest.
AZ Bomber

by az.fever22 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:59 pm

Politico you have teams wins and losses from the Lil Saints friendlys (your daughters team). Thats why AZ is still behind in friendlys. If you count wins/losses from them, AZ is not going to get better. Friendlys are games you play girls in spots to make your team better not your #1 team to post and tell everyonehow good you are. Just one person opinion.
az.fever22

by Softballknucklehead » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:25 am

az.fever22 fine we get it u don't like Politico or the 14U ranking or any ranking he has put together to date. Good for you, if you could do better and get everyone involved why don't you? If you look at AZ on Heybucket before Politico got involved AZ was non existent, since then we now have a thread over 3,000 + other people in AZ chiming in about softball. (probably can't be bad for AZ) Give it a rest already.

P.S. If you also don't like the Saints go play against them a few times and beat them when they have their full team back this Summer!!! :oops:
Softballknucklehead

by Dogma » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:58 am

It appears that the Saints Coach has established attending, competeing and winning ASA 14U nationals as his teams goal for this year. IMO - This is a very good goal to set . I also see nothing wrong with traveling out of state to qualify for nationals. Question- Is that the goal of all of the top 10 14U teams in Az? Are there any teams that are not interested in going to nationals this year? Have they set a different goal for thier team? Using nationals as the barometer for the rankings assumes that the teams are all setting that as their goal.The state tournament might be a warm up for nationals for one team and the ultimate goal for another team.

BTW Friendlies should count-no matter what 9 players are on the field, they are a part of the team and I am sure they are playing to win.
Dogma

by AZ Bomber » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:02 am

Fever22 should post his/her rankings! We need the truth here :-)
AZ Bomber

by bystander » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:16 pm

Fever 22- Don't get what the problem is. Your '95 team is ranked # 1 and your '96 team is ranked # 4. IMO I don't think you are with the Fever organization. How could you be unhappy with those rankings. Politico is doing a good job, so let him do it. Agree with Bomber. Let's see your rankings, maybe your true colors will come out and I bet they aren't red and black.
bystander

by Fever95Dad » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:35 pm

Softballknucklehead wrote:az.fever22 fine we get it u don't like Politico or the 14U ranking or any ranking he has put together to date. Good for you, if you could do better and get everyone involved why don't you? If you look at AZ on Heybucket before Politico got involved AZ was non existent, since then we now have a thread over 3,000 + other people in AZ chiming in about softball. (probably can't be bad for AZ) Give it a rest already.

P.S. If you also don't like the Saints go play against them a few times and beat them when they have their full team back this Summer!!! :oops:

bystander wrote:Fever 22- Don't get what the problem is. Your '95 team is ranked # 1 and your '96 team is ranked # 4. IMO I don't think you are with the Fever organization. How could you be unhappy with those rankings. Politico is doing a good job, so let him do it. Agree with Bomber. Let's see your rankings, maybe your true colors will come out and I bet they aren't red and black.

Spazsdad wrote:
az.fever22 wrote: Friendlys are games you play girls in spots to make your team better not your #1 team to post and tell everyonehow good you are.

You notice you only ever hear this rationalization from teams that don't like their spot in the rankings? If you call yourself a big dog then you need to be strong all the way through your roster, not just your starting 9. You should be able to perform well no matter what your lineup for a particular game since in your "theory" the other teams are moving players around just like you. ;)

I think Politico has the rankings pretty much in order so far, well thought out. I'm not sure who az.fever22 is but hope this is not one of our parents.

Remember, any TEAM can beat any TEAM on any given day but can you beat them a couple of times the same day! az.fever22 get your coach to call the Saints coach and set up a few games and invite us all to watch :lol:
Fever95Dad

by Uncle Rico » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:01 pm

I see that Scottsdale Fever 96 is coming out to California for the Surf City Valentines tournament, that should be a good test for them. From what I saw last year, they are a solid 96 team. Where are the other ranked 14u teams playing on Valentines Day weekend?
Uncle Rico

by DT96coach » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:43 am

Uncle Rico wrote:I see that Scottsdale Fever 96 is coming out to California for the Surf City Valentines tournament, that should be a good test for them. From what I saw last year, they are a solid 96 team. Where are the other ranked 14u teams playing on Valentines Day weekend?

Desert Thunder 96 is hosting a nine-team friendly on February 13th in Tucson. Hotshots and Stealth are participating.
DT96coach
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to AZ