Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Recruiting at MIT

What's on your mind?

by Mom2softball » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:03 am

Another thing to keep in mind is that all the other high academic coaches are well aware of the situation at MIT. After Coach told my girls she wanted to recruit them, there were a lot of open & honest discussions with the coaches of the other high academic schools. There were couple D1 coaches who invited them as walk-ons should they get accepted at that school and my girls #2 school choice was another D3 who was recruiting them. The latter had to wait, just as my girls did. If your daughter has done the leg work with open & honest communication, then does not get admitted to MIT, there will be coaches welcoming her.

Remember too that your non-athletes that wish to get into MIT wait the same wait athletes do. Sometimes it's hard to lose sight of that when your daughters softball friends know so much earlier where they will be going to school. For my girls, it was well worth the wait, as I stated in last post, MIT was a perfect fit.
Mom2softball

by SoftballMomFromLA » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:38 pm

My daughter very much thinks MIT is the place for her regardless of softball. I can only hope MIT admissions thinks she belongs there as much as she thinks does.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond, I appreciate it.
SoftballMomFromLA

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions