Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

September 1 emails from coaches

What's on your mind?

by bear6613 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:55 am

Hi All,

My daughter is a rising junior. Today she started receiving emails directly from head coaches. She has been corresponding with some of the schools she got emails from and some emails from schools she hasn't reached out to. Some of the emails are from coaches that have come to see her play this past summer. Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions as to whether these emails are legitimate interest from the coach or just another lure to get a kid to come to their camp?

Thanks in advance.
bear6613

by E Train Dad » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:15 am

C&P an example of an e-mail in question here, I'm sure the experts will discern legit vs spam.
E Train Dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by JERRETT » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:38 pm

Have your coach give the coach a call and find out! They will tell them if there interested
JERRETT
Premium Member
Premium Member

by curveballerguy124 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:18 am

Some are money grabs, others are coaches wanting to see her in a controlled practice environment. In my experience its good to go if you know your daughter is a stand out performer or if the coach already has some sort of rapport with your daughter...
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BB2830 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:13 am

Your travel coach should be able to contact and find out. If the school is high on your interest list and the cost isn't prohibitive it would be an opportunity to be seen. For my DD, the one camp she attended was after speaking live with the pitching coach and her recommending which one of the Fall camps to attend so that they could spend the most time getting to know her and watching her throw. She was pitching next to a couple of 10 year olds, maybe 13 total kids but that was the point in them recommending that date. We also did an East Coast trip and contacted coaches to visit with at the schools we had interest in. Surprisingly were able to schedule to meet with most of them although many had not seen our DD play yet. Tied it in with a camp where most of those schools were in attendance so when we met with them they had then seen her play.
BB2830

Return to Fastpitch Discussions