Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

If you were gonna buy your DD a new RT bat....

What's on your mind?

by jofus » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:27 pm

and had an option between an '05, an '07, and an '08, all at basically the same price (I've actually found the cheapest price on an '07), which one would you buy?

I have seen someone post somewhere (don't remember where) that for RT's, 04>05>07>08...is that pretty close, or are they all the same, or are the newer models better?

Thanks in advance :)

(Or, would you suggest a different bat in the $200ish price range?)

Edit>> (Or, would you let her "tough" it out with her Demarini until Anderson's new bat comes out and give it a try?)
Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
jofus

by Judd » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:12 pm

Alot would depend on how her room and my car looked. :D
Judd

by TulsaEliteGold » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:17 pm

I am just amazed that your 2 year old has went from a Playschool Plastic bat to being ready for a Rocket-Tech in less then 8 hours since her first swing... :D

Seriously, the '04 was amazing, the '05, '07 and '08 all hit great though, most of the girls who use the RTs just don't like to change. After a few HRs though, they always seem to like the new one a little better. West-Coast Sporting Goods has some great deals on RTs.

Also, consider an Easton Synergy or Stealth. Many of our girls were swinging RTs in the past and didn't want to change, but now that we got them all to try swinging Easton's, they love them. Both models have great pop.
Jeff Filali
Asst Softball Coach
Butler Comm College - 25+ D1 Signees since '11
www.butlergrizzlies.com

Founder/GM/Coach
Tulsa Elite Softball - 130+ College Commits since '08
www.tulsaelite.org

eM: jeff@TulsaElite.org
Ph: 918-951-7142
TulsaEliteGold

by jofus » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:20 pm

TulsaEliteGold wrote:I am just amazed that your 2 year old has went from a Playschool Plastic bat to being ready for a Rocket-Tech in less then 8 hours since her first swing... :D

Like I said, her swing looked pretty good :D I'm not sure she can handle a 34" yet though, since that would be taller than she is ;)
jofus

by Brooke's Dad » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:36 pm

On the serious side of this -

My DD has used MANY different bats through out her tournament and now HS career.

And without a doubt Anderson (makers of the Rocketech) has the best customer service... and there hasn't been a close 2nd).

She has waited for over 6+ months on a Stealth replacement and that was about average.

Just my opinion.
When asked how many times she hit Tiger with the golf club, she responded, "I'm not sure...put me down for an 8!
Brooke's Dad

by jofus » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:40 pm

She has an F2 from a couple (few ? ) years ago, and an Evo from last year or so. She likes the F2 better, but it's about done for I think....

I thought about getting her a Phenix instead, but I hadn't seen much on them, plus with the new ASA rules, I wasn't sure about getting a composite, although supposedly there won't be any bannings (unless I'm completely confused and the Phenix isn't a composite?).

Heck, with 13 year old girls, appearance is half the battle, maybe I should just let her pick the one she thinks is "prettiest" :D

Maybe I'll hit the powerball this weekend and buy one of everything for her to try out on the new practice field I would be building :D
jofus

by watcher » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:34 pm

Black & Red RT hands down, I would be interested in a 34" if you have one standing in the corner of the garage :mrgreen:
watcher

by melsdad » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:43 pm

Judd wrote:Alot would depend on how her room and my car looked. :D

NOW I DONT CARE WHAT YOU SAY, THATS FUNNY.......... AND TRUE
melsdad

by melsdad » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:47 pm

Brooke's Dad wrote:On the serious side of this -

My DD has used MANY different bats through out her tournament and now HS career.

And without a doubt Anderson (makers of the Rocketech) has the best customer service... and there hasn't been a close 2nd).

She has waited for over 6+ months on a Stealth replacement and that was about average.

Just my opinion.

THEY TRADED MY STEALTH FOR A LARGER SYNERGY ( GREAT BAT BY THE WAY) , GOT IT ABOUT TWO WEEKS FROM THE TIME I CALLED,
melsdad

by CallingCadence14 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:26 am

DD loves the 08 RT .Know of you through a friend of a friend,funny how that works, anyhow.
DD has had the 05 RT and well that was amazing but it along with many highend bats eventually they all die. However with her -9 RT she has become a stronger butkis got her a -8 Schutt she loves as well.Did the Easton thing last year(Stealth-10) with the two returns and then an Easton Credit ended up with a -9 Synergy swung along with her RT last year .The 06 and the 07 RT's are good but had end cap issues.Only bat that every really held up was the RT well atleast the warranty worked well.Hoping with the new Schutt accompanied by her New RT we'll fini :ugeek: :ugeek: sh out the year.See you guys in Cinci at the Sluggerfest.
CallingCadence14

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions