Fastpitch Discussions

Biggest problem in softball

What's on your mind?

by NumeroUno » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:26 am

Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Pale Rider » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:45 am

Known Mike several years, he has never been anything but good for and to my kid and some other kids who played with mine. 100% straight forward no BS and no candy coating...And TRULY loves coaching them, told him before after watching him hit ground balls to kids and hearing their Mommy gasp at the velocity...to which I'd say, just wait till its a one of HIS kids...and yes, he makes money doing it...don't we all work to make money? He's just found a niche he loves and is making a living doing it
Some folks don't like him or his candor but I do...
My kid loves Coach Stith.
And I agree with him, it has become somewhat of me, me, me sport...
The pressure these kids get at 12, 13, 14 yrs old is ridiculous... And yes, I see some real iffy technique wise playing and even getting recruited to schools they'll never touch the field at...

But that's not the only problem with the sport now...and its not all kids or parents that are issues.
New rules are great but just how enforceable are they going to be? Know many TB coaches who help circumvent the legal NCAA rules now...I don't see that slowing down any.
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:49 am

Pale Rider wrote:Known Mike several years, he has never been anything but good for and to my kid and some other kids who played with mine. 100% straight forward no BS and no candy coating...And TRULY loves coaching them, told him before after watching him hit ground balls to kids and hearing their Mommy gasp at the velocity...to which I'd say, just wait till its a one of HIS kids...and yes, he makes money doing it...don't we all work to make money? He's just found a niche he loves and is making a living doing it
Some folks don't like him or his candor but I do...
My kid loves Coach Stith.
And I agree with him, it has become somewhat of me, me, me sport...
The pressure these kids get at 12, 13, 14 yrs old is ridiculous... And yes, I see some real iffy technique wise playing and even getting recruited to schools they'll never touch the field at...

But that's not the only problem with the sport now...and its not all kids or parents that are issues.
New rules are great but just how enforceable are they going to be? Know many TB coaches who help circumvent the legal NCAA rules now...I don't see that slowing down any.

He complains about the trough from which he feeds.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:29 pm

Sam wrote:He complains about the trough from which he feeds.

Sam, the man makes a living off a sport, which he truly enjoys doing.
Like him personally or not, he has the past record of being a great coach and turning out a great product.
He helped my kid out a lot, I owe him a thanks for that.
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Fastpitch Discussions