Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

The Next Level Organizational Update

What's on your mind?

by Judd » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:43 am

Jed it sounds like you are taking the appropiate steps. You are in a tough spot no matter what you do.

I wish you guys the best of luck
Judd

by chippingaway » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:13 am

[i]"Jerry it looks to me that a majority of folks do not feel like softballjerk/chippingaway who joined the forum yesterday to support that point of view, and for some reason also have posts with similar grammer, sentence structure and reasoning. :? [/i]"

1. truth is truth regardless if I joined yesterday or last year. I have said nothing to bash TNL and wish to clarify that.
2. its easy to disregard a statement when you can assume that the source is somehow a "hater" - not so-many of my daughters bff's play for TNL
3. its even easier to couple similar - but not the same comments and get deffensive and disregard a valid point.
for the record here is what I urged the parents and TNL board to do
a. take immediate action - they did
b. investigate independently - they did and are doing that
c. keep the organization going - they did and are going to

i have had too much experience dealing with these situations as a denominational leader in the church community. The goal of every comment i made was to keep the girls safe, and the effectiveness of the organization as strong as possible.

May the parents and board members of TNL be wise beyond their years and may the girls truly rise above all this.

chippingaway
Premium Member
Premium Member

by FurySoftball » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:26 am

Jerry, Sorry to hear about all of this happening. I have known you personally for many years and know that you will do the best thing to protect the children, first and foremost.
You are a trusted member of the community and have been for many years, you have a solid reputation that is unshakable and your my friend ( I think you are, but since you don't call me back, im curious).
Not that you need it, but heres My two cents; Continue to do whats best for the kids, don't be biased or defensive in these forums, stay neutral until the evidence is before us and be swift in your actions (TNL Board) when it is (all stuff that you have lived by in the past and sounds like you have already done in this situation), and one more thing, stand up and take over if Chris has to go, can't think of a better person to take the leadership role.
No one wants to see this Organization go away because of this, it does no good, but from what I read, they all want to know that it is being dealt with and will be in the end and it sounds like your on the right course already (but again, since you don't call me back, I am left to read it here and on your web site).
I know this sort of thing touches the very core of hatred in most of us (and it should), and these forums give everyone a chance to voice their opinions - thats all this is. What I'm saying is don't get caught up in this stuff.
Those of us that know you, know that you will do the right thing.

Mark Goodacre
Fury Softball
PS; Did I mention that you never call me back?
FurySoftball
Premium Member
Premium Member

by FPDD_cabbie » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:13 am

Wow. Sam's comment must have been really inappropriate that it was deleted from this thread. (I didn't realize Sam's comment was on a different thread).

Jerry,

I got to see 12U & 14U TNL teams play last weekend and they are really good teams. The 12U coach kept her team around to do some extra fielding practice on an empty field after their friendlies were done. Do what you have to do to keep these teams and your organization together. From what I have read there are plenty of people out there that support you and want the best for the TNL girls.

Dave
Last edited by FPDD_cabbie on Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The secret to happiness is a Good Sense of Humor and a Bad Memory.
FPDD_cabbie

by Judd » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:02 am

Hey Jerry, I think Mark wants you to call him !!!
Judd

by softballjerk » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:38 pm

FurySoftball

Nice friend you have there. Are you Sure he considers you HIS Friend?

Since were sharing our two cents, here is mine; If you keep calling someone and they dont call you back, they are NOT your friend - stop calling...
softballjerk

by bugs » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:14 pm

Jerry, I wish you all the luck with TNL. I know things are tough, but you are the guy to take the reins. I just wish you would call Mark back so he quits whining. You'd think he was arguing with an umpire the way he is whining.
bugs

by FurySoftball » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:02 pm

Bugs and everyone else concerned;

Jerry Called me Back!

All Good Here now.

Mark
FurySoftball
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions