Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

The Next Level Organizational Update

What's on your mind?

by softballjerk » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:37 am

The Next Level Organizational Update

In response to the unfortunate situation (UNFORTUNATE SITUATION! REALLY? IS THAT ALL IT IS? WOULD YOU BE SAYING THAT IF IT WERE YOUR KID?) our organization is experiencing right now, the board of directors of The Next Level met last night (March 4th) with the goals of protecting everyone involved and keeping our organization strong and moving forward (OF COURSE YOU WANT TO MOVE FORWARD, HOW ELSE IS YOUR FOUNDER GOING TO PAY FOR HIS CRIMINAL DEFENSE, MORE PLAYER DUES = BETTER LAWYER, LESS DUES = PUBLIC DEFENDER AND BUBBA). [/color]

The board would like to assure everyone that TNL is not going anywhere (TNL IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE, THATS REASSURING, LETS ALL DROP OUR KIDS OFF AT THE TNL TRYOUTS, POSSIBLY A DINNER AND A MOVIE AFTERWARD WITH THE COACH). As one of the premiere travel softball organizations in the nation, having produced many talented athletes that play at the collegiate level, the board and our members will pull together and continue this great tradition (WHO SITS ON THIS BOARD AND WHERE WERE THEY WHEN THEIR FOUNDER WAS TEXT MESSAGING HIS UNDER AGED PLAYERS?)
For the 2008 season, all age groups are committed to participate in many tournaments and arrangements for these have already been made. This summer is packed, just as it always is!

Mike Myer & Jerry Delamater have assumed the practice and leadership duties of the club. We also have coaches in place for each of the age groups: Doug, Leslie, Jamie and the return of a former member of our coaching staff (and ever a part of the extended TNL family), Cathy. These coaches will all be there to help Mike and Jerry.

Chris Facione will be taking an administrative leave to focus on personal issues (PERSONAL ISSUES? IS HE KIDDING? CRIMINAL COURT FOR ALLEGED SEXUAL CONDUCT WITH A MINOR THAT HE COACHED! PERSONAL ISSUE? REALLY? LETS ALL SHOW UP AT THE SAN DIEGO COURT ON THURSDAY AND SEE HOW PERSONAL THIS ISSUE HE IS DEALING WITH IS). He understands the importance of keeping the organization moving forward (OF COURSE HE DOES, THIS IS HOW HE MAKES A LIVING, HE DOES NOT WORK, HE RELIES ON YOUR DUES TO PAY MORTGAGE, BUY GROCERIES AND TO BAIL OUT OF JAIL) and everyone is in agreement that this is the best course of action at the present time. THE NEW TNL BUDGET;
LAWYER - 10,000.00
BAIL - 100,000.00
DINNER WITH COACH - 125.00
CLINIC FOR ONGOING STD TESTING - PRICELESS

In closing, as always, we are... TNL! (YES YOU ARE, AND THAT DEDICATION TO PLAYERS YOU MENTION ON YOUR WEBSITE, YOU SHOULD BE PROUD ABOUT THAT!)

If even the lesser of the allegations are true, text message, phone calls, dinner invitation, and can be proven, shouldn't we all wonder what the hell this guy is doing and why we are paying this organization to bail him out of jail and for his defense?
This was a great organization that did a lot a great things but will be now remembered for their founder, president and head coach, preying on underage kids in his organization. The uniform means a little something different now and not sure I'd want my kid attached to that stigma.
This is supposed to be a team and an organization, not his personal dating service for underage children.
Just my thought, I could be wrong.
softballjerk

by Judd » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:49 pm

What would you like them to do? Call it quits and tell all the players they are SOL? Then you would be allowing one person to ruin a whole organization
Judd

by softballjerk » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:49 pm

Judd,

Are you kidding me? Do you not think that every kid, from 11 years old to 18 yrs old, wearing a TNL uniform is going to know about their head coach and founder of the program was preying on members of his organization and alledged to have had sex with at least one of them and now we hear about past "inappropriate touching" in the past. This is a HUGE problem and what is he going to do??? Take a personal leave of absence?
Do we not bring our children to organizations like this to further their interest and training in softball, didn't know they would receive an education about "sexual predators who disguise themselves as coaches" included in the monthly dues.
Let's face it - he can not remove himslef from the organization because of financial constraints, he instead will take a leave of absence, keep collecting dues and find people to stand in front of him (the board of directors-ha!). I'm sure these same people who will go on record "talking about what a great guy he is" , but what about the kid that this happened to? For all the great things he has done, this is what he will always be known by - and rightly so...
It's dispecable and everyone running to his aid should be ashamed of themselves.
Wait until you see the evidence and then talk about your committment to this great guy.
You can ask him to be removed from the organization entirely, make sure your dues are not paying for his criminal defense, but still, it will aways be known as the Team where the Main Guy in Charge of EVERY decision, is alleged to have had sex with one of his under aged players. Is that the image you want your daughter to play for?
He took something clean and wholesome for kids and crapped all over it for personal gratification.
You go to Bat for him, You support that "alledged" conduct, You tell your kid to wear that Uniform proudly! I on the other hand have different plans for my kids.
Let's get our hands on public records defining the charges, and evidence against him, then see how great of a guy he is. Oh, maybe this girl made this up and is being vindictive - Who ever came up with that defense, needs to have their head examined.
softballjerk

by chippingaway » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:57 pm

Judd,
The safety and preservation of the girls takes priority. Parents within the organization need to demand an audit of his actions and remove him regardless of the court case. If an organization that is responsible for equipping, training and developing young ladies for their future will allow a suspect individual near or even directly or indirectly influence those children then they (the parents and organization) are terrible stewards of their kids.
chippingaway
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jblabs » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:59 pm

softballjerk

Appropriate name, you joined the forum just to rip TNL?
jblabs

by jblabs » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:00 pm

And then chippingaway joins to defend softballjerk.

LOL

Give me a break folks. According to that post every church, school, organization or team that has had a similar situation should just close its doors.
jblabs

by chippingaway » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:04 pm

The girls my friend, its all about the girls. not an opinion, not a defense of a friend or a coach. it's about keeping TNL the premier team/organization of San Diego together. It must defend take a strong stance and protect their kids.
chippingaway
Premium Member
Premium Member

by chippingaway » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:06 pm

in regards to schools, churches and community centers with leadership that abuse children, spouses or such. the suspect people should be removed ASAP in order for the integrity of the organization to continue
chippingaway
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jblabs » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:10 pm

chippingaway wrote:in regards to schools, churches and community centers with leadership that abuse children, spouses or such. the suspect people should be removed ASAP in order for the integrity of the organization to continue

Yup they usually take a "leave of absence" until proven guilty, just as in this case.
jblabs

by Cookie » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:28 pm

Any chance we can all hold hands and sing kume by ya ( spell?)
I'm not driving....
Cookie

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions