Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Monsta fastpitch Softball bats.

What's on your mind?

by mikealdrich53 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:36 pm

I just picked up a couple of the new Asa approved Monsta fastpitch bats. So far so good. As they break in, they are performing better and better. So far we haven't heard any complaints from the girls about sting, and they really like them. If anyone else has experience with these bats please let me know what your experience was.
mikealdrich53
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:04 am

mikealdrich53 wrote:I just picked up a couple of the new Asa approved Monsta fastpitch bats. So far so good. As they break in, they are performing better and better. So far we haven't heard any complaints from the girls about sting, and they really like them. If anyone else has experience with these bats please let me know what your experience was.

Have they killed any pitchers yet? Thats when they'll really sell.

If all bats have to perform to the same standard......whats the difference? The bat manufacturers tell us that they are all the same as wood bats when we ask about dumbing them down. But when they want to sell their own bats, all of a sudden they are telling us that their bat is hotter than the next guy's. what a load.

This tirade is not aimed at the OP. Just venting.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:35 pm

Sam wrote:If all bats have to perform to the same standard......whats the difference? The bat manufacturers tell us that they are all the same as wood bats when we ask about dumbing them down. But when they want to sell their own bats, all of a sudden they are telling us that their bat is hotter than the next guy's. what a load.

Speaking of loads - again with your BS about mfr's claiming wood-like bat performance in softball. That's the BBCOR standard, which is only in baseball.

http://www.justbats.com/bat-resource-guide/bbcor-certification/

BBCOR (Bat-Ball Coefficient of Restitution) is something you've probably heard a lot about; it's the standard currently governing adult baseball bats used in High School and Collegiate play. Rather than measuring the ratio of the ball exit speed to pitch and bat speeds, BBCOR measures the trampoline effect of the bat. In the past, when a pitched ball made contact with an alloy or composite bat, the barrel would flex inward ever so slightly, and the ball would retain some of its energy resulting in further hits. Wood baseball bats don't have as much "give" to them, and the ball loses much of its energy upon impact. The BBCOR standard ensures that non-wood bats perform more comparably to wood bats in an attempt to level the playing field and improve player safety.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 3rd Base Coach » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:45 pm

Looking for a bat for a 10 yr old - avg size & a good brand (not too expensive).
3rd Base Coach

Return to Fastpitch Discussions