Fastpitch Discussions

Sued rec league DD did not make all stars

What's on your mind?

by bucketbutt » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:19 am

Where did you hear this?

I guess crazier things happen.
bucketbutt

by coolstuff » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:27 am

surfside wrote:I heard of a guy in Orange County, Ca who sued his daughters rec league because she did not make All Stars, is this true?

Wow.

When DD was in rec ball, she was maneuvered out of a spot on the all-star roster by politics. Someone within the league must have felt guilty because they gave us a lead on a neighboring league who needed players to fill out their all-star roster. Turned out to be a great experience.
coolstuff

by Sam » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:39 am

surfside wrote:I heard of a guy in Orange County, Ca who sued his daughters rec league because she did not make All Stars, is this true?

I can say from personal knowledge that this is a true story. The guy was the manager of the all-star team. After he held tryouts, picked his team and his alternates...his wife noticed that he had not picked his own daughter. Obviously he was furious. He called a board meeting...he could because he was the league president...and plead his case for adding his DD to the team. Well...no matter how much he argued....the president wouldn't let him do it. So he did what every red blooded American would do. He sued....and he won. His DD was placed on the all-star team as the 6th alternate and the league had to pay him $25,000....which he used to start a travel team the next fall.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sftbll4ever » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:50 am

Sorry, have to ask, but what league???
Sftbll4ever

by coolstuff » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:17 am

Sam wrote:

He called a board meeting...he could because he was the league president...and plead his case for adding his DD to the team. Well...no matter how much he argued....the president wouldn't let him do it.

This looks funny but I'm assuming that the coach was the girls' softball director, and the president of the league turned him down. This reads like the coach and the president are the same guy and he turned himself down. If that's the case this guy needs serious psychiatric help.
coolstuff

by jofus » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:40 am

either that, or Sam was joking, which I tend to think is the case :)
Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
jofus

Return to Fastpitch Discussions