Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Beloit, Wi scrimmages

What's on your mind?

by jerrygarbe » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:14 pm

Hello everyone this is Jerry Garbe with the Beloit Womens Fastpitch Assoc. I am trying to start a scrimmage league for this summer. This will be a tournament style league with the same rules and with asa umps. We will keep track of all wins and losses and have a tournament at the end based on records. The best team in each age group will get a bye in the final tournament just like you would in a tournament. We will have a meeting at the begining to set up all rules and to talk about the league. If we can get a large group of teams in each age group we can play 2 or 3 days a week unless we need to play more it depends on how many teams we can get. The cost will be based on the cost of the fields and the umps which will be very small. We want to do this as cheap as we can and make this a real competative league. You can use dh,dp,flex and ah's for example. You will only have to bat 9 This can be talked about.We would like to know as soon as possible. If we can prove to the city that we can bring a lot of teams in and can make up a schedule soon to get this organized they will be willing to put as much as $12,000 into a local park to give us a home for this league. Their are not enough fields in the city right now to make this happen. This will be a 2 diamond park with lights and a concession stand so we can have food and drinks for everyone. Feel free to call me or e-mail with your opinion. My phone number is 608-931-4196. We encourage each and everyone of you to continue to play in your local rec leagues and use this as a way to better prepare your teams for their up and coming tournaments this summer.
Jerry Garbe
jerrygarbe

Return to Fastpitch Discussions