Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Where in the World did all these daddy ball teams come from?

What's on your mind?

by Dowhatulike » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:25 am

Ok people I understand softball is a growing sport and I've been watching some games, all I can see is alot of daddy ball teams out there. Listen if you have the right mindset and are willing to train, compete and get your kids ready to recruitment by all means go for it but if not please don't pretend to coach and drag everyone on just because your hard headed. I recently saw games two weeks ago and watched girls make same mistakes over and over , parents being "THOSE" parents and no structure. We can't be hurting and and waisting these young ladies time. Coaches get it right
Dowhatulike
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CheckWriter » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:02 pm

No Daddyball, no youth sports. Have to start somewhere.

If your are so all knowing, start a team, teach a group of girls the game.

I was thankful for a the moms and dads that coached my girls. I never played softball (or baseball) so I couldn't do it. DW coached wreck ball but not travel.

JMO
I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words.
--- Hesiod, Eighth Century B.C.
CheckWriter
Premium Member
Premium Member

by catcherzrule » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:19 am

AND...above all, before you hit "submit" on here...PROOF READ!! :roll:
catcherzrule

by shortslappy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:12 am

* PROOFREAD (one word) ;)
shortslappy

by ClaremontBears16u » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:52 am

Hit the nail on the head.
ClaremontBears16u

by TParadis » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:09 pm

Amen Brother!.......Having just emerged from "Daddy Ball Hell" I can tell you this is all too prevalent these days......I guess the big red flag is when you end up on a team with 5 "coaches", of whom maybe one shows up to practice, but ALL with daughters on the team......lol. You can pretty much guarantee what kids will be playing every inning of every game, at all the premium positions, regardless of ability or lack thereof, with all the "outsiders" relegated to roles as the supporting cast. I've coached my own daughter before, and I've always endeavored to hold her to a higher standard specifically to avoid even the slightest hint of favoritism and she KNOWS and expects no special treatment. Sadly, it seems that many coaches create teams solely to provide a showcase for their own kids, which in the end does nobody any favors.
TParadis
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:12 am

Maybe I've been lucky but it's been my experience, the coach's kid was usually one of the best on the team. Not always but usually.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by SDO12 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:39 am

Battle wrote:Maybe I've been lucky but it's been my experience, the coach's kid was usually one of the best on the team. Not always but usually.

Buy a lottery ticket quick LOL

10 years, coaches kid always and I mean always, average to poor.
SDO12

by Sam » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:16 pm

If it weren't for Daddy Ball, there would be NO SOFTBALL. EVERY rec ball team is coached by a dad. Every all-star team is coached by a dad. TB coaches are graduated all-star coaches. They are dads until you get to the older ages where you have professional pilferers with no kids on the team, ready to take every dime you have on the promise of a scholarship for your little Susie.

You guys need to stop the whining and find a team where your kid can play all the time or go back to rec ball.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:17 pm

Battle wrote:Maybe I've been lucky but it's been my experience, the coach's kid was usually one of the best on the team. Not always but usually.

Do you still coach? :lol:
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions