Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Where in the World did all these daddy ball teams come from?

What's on your mind?

by Sam » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:46 am

E Train Dad wrote:I remember the Rec Ball day's, insert any board member and typically their kid wasn't good enough to make the All Star team, so they join the board to become a coach and get their kid on their All Star team! Then the move on to travel and bring their kid along for the ride.....the rest of the story has been already told in this thread!

You forgot the fact that it is very difficult to get anyone to coach youth sports. You also forget that without these volunteers, lots of kids would never get the chance to play at all.

This is kind of like having your driving criticized by people who don't even know how to ride a tricycle. When all else fails, be quiet and thank me for the ride and appreciate that you didn't have to walk.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by E Train Dad » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:07 pm

No forgetting here Sam, I, like you was one of those volunteers!!
E Train Dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:33 pm

E Train Dad wrote:No forgetting here Sam, I, like you was one of those volunteers!!

Thank your for your efforts and the willingness to give away precious time for the benefit of some wonderful young ladies, many of which will never forget you.......that could be good or bad :shock:
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by E Train Dad » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:50 pm

HaHa! I'll pile on....at the time she was also a pitcher! We all know what princesses pitchers are and especially their fathers are as rec players and Rec Coaches! She is now committed and not pitching anymore but it was fun! I have thanked her former coaches numerous times and will continue to as her development is because of their hard work and sacrifices! Thank you again!!!!
E Train Dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions