Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Wow 17 innings

What's on your mind?

by PDad » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:13 pm

Schmick wrote:Out of state students are not subsidized, they pay a higher cost than instate students do. ...

Just because out-of-state fees are higher doesn't mean they aren't subsidized. In-state fees are generally subsidized at a very high level rather than granular per in-state student and out-of-state fees are rarely set based on an accurate cost per student. The result is some out-of-state fees are too low (i.e. subsidized) and some are excessive and subsidize in-state fees.

jonriv wrote:
PDad wrote:
jonriv wrote:The cost of instate or out of state is the same for scholarship students. The source(s) of payment are just different

C'mon JR, Schmick is clearly talking about tuition rather than the actual/marginal cost to the university for each student. ...

I know what he was saying, I was just pointing out his faulty logic and math! Your point that you make about being harmful to California players is right on

You failed miserably on both counts since you didn't clearly and directly address either one. It's strange you qualified "cost" is the same "for scholarship students." The "tuition cost" is only the same for full-ride schollies, which we know are the exception to the overwhelming rule in softball. The school's "cost" - ignoring the "source of payment" - is the same for ALL students.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:27 pm

jonriv wrote:
Schmick wrote:...
Private schools do not charge higher tuition so the scholarships for private schools would count the same. And that system should be in place for all scholarship sports, not just softball. Especially football

"Private schools do not charge higher tuition" ??????????? I guess I should get a refund on the half million I paid for both my kids to go to private colleges?

:roll: You should be ashamed of yourself for either 1) failing to see Schmick was responding to jtat's question about private school's not having different in-state/out-of-state tuition or 2) feigning ignorance just so you could post what you paid.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Tyler Durden » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:28 pm

JR is the kIng of the HumbleBrag.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions