Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Being too honest with pitchers parents?!?

What's on your mind?

by Success Softball » Thu May 18, 2017 2:29 pm

My daughter (2000) went to Curveballerguy for about a year for weekly lessons and ultimately played on his travel ball team and enjoyed every minute. It was a long drive, almost two hours each way every week and worth every minute.

He was always honest, was never harsh, mean or rude. He was encouraging and positive but didn't cut slack if she didn't do her spins or other drills between lessons and he knows enough to know when she did or didn't. He told her when she was good and told her when she wasn't. When she wasn't good he told her why and what to do to correct or improve. We were fortunate, she did improve and ultimately got a D2 scholarship offer that in large part came from his tutoring..

I sat on the bucket, kept my mouth shut unless I didn't understand something and let him do his job. I only asked questions so I could work with her between lessons and never once tried to take over or coach her and we got along great. I learned a lot about pitching, pitches and even coaching and I've been a coach a long time. I think a lot has to do with what mindset you go in with. We went in looking to get her some good instruction and help her improve and we got what we paid for and more.

If you want your daughter to learn to throw a true rise ball and not a fastball that has an upward trajectory and to throw a curve that really has good spin and a good break, then this is the place to go. Be ready for honesty though.
Success Softball
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GIMNEPIWO » Mon May 22, 2017 8:46 pm

I ran out of gas once on the interstate at 3 in the morning and had a flat tire ... I'm pretty sure it was Curveballerguy124 who stopped, changed my tire and filled up my tank ... He was riding a white horse ... :mrgreen:
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by PairOfAces » Tue May 23, 2017 7:18 am

GIMNEPIWO wrote:I ran out of gas once on the interstate at 3 in the morning and had a flat tire ... I'm pretty sure it was Curveballerguy124 who stopped, changed my tire and filled up my tank ... He was riding a white horse ... :mrgreen:

He is...... the most interesting man in the softball world. Stay thirsty my friends!
PairOfAces
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Tue May 23, 2017 7:21 am

Heard he was able to improve grades and SAT scores too!
jonriv

by curveballerguy124 » Tue May 23, 2017 11:32 am

@GIMNEPIWO - That was me, but it was a white truck you were just really high you kept calling me cowboy for some reason it got really weird I threw you a beer and drove off.... Always wondered what happened to you, glad you made it!!!
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GIMNEPIWO » Tue May 23, 2017 11:44 am

curveballerguy124 wrote:@GIMNEPIWO - That was me, but it was a white truck you were just really high you kept calling me cowboy for some reason it got really weird I threw you a beer and drove off.... Always wondered what happened to you, glad you made it!!!

???? a beer ???? pfffft .... :roll: You wondered what happened to me ? I apparently died of thirst ... LMAOWIOAB !
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by E Train Dad » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:31 pm

DD is a Senior now playing on a top 18U team in So Cal, seeing 63-65 MPH every weekend! Speed of pitching is great, but not the end all! We see teams with "Dominate pitchers" in 18U Travel that our girls destroy at the plate! Curveball guy is right, move it or lose it! Locate!
E Train Dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:21 pm

E Train Dad wrote:DD is a Senior now playing on a top 18U team in So Cal, seeing 63-65 MPH every weekend! Speed of pitching is great, but not the end all! We see teams with "Dominate pitchers" in 18U Travel that our girls destroy at the plate! Curveball guy is right, move it or lose it! Locate!

LOL...At 18u you better have more than just "Locate".
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by E Train Dad » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:01 am

Battle, Agreed! Maybe I didn't confirm my point, actually our #1 Hurler throws less than 63.....No gun, just an educated guess, However, she moves the ball very well around the plate and is very effective, both in big games and practice when our best hitters face her and is consistant in doing so! Impressive! Like I said, speed is not the end all! I realize this to starting to move off subject, but that's not new to the bucket subjects, but I did want to respond to you! :D
E Train Dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:53 pm

E Train Dad wrote:Battle, Agreed! Maybe I didn't confirm my point, actually our #1 Hurler throws less than 63.....No gun, just an educated guess, However, she moves the ball very well around the plate and is very effective, both in big games and practice when our best hitters face her and is consistant in doing so! Impressive! Like I said, speed is not the end all! I realize this to starting to move off subject, but that's not new to the bucket subjects, but I did want to respond to you! :D

She sounds like she can do some damage. Glad you responded... :P
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions