Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Why do coaches post tryouts with ex players in ad

What's on your mind?

by 00softballgirl00 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:50 am

I'm seeing this more and more these days.

Why do these coaches that post tryouts say that have "so and so" on their coaching staff or they are running the team?

Do these parents actually fall for this??? yeah I know it may be true that teams bring in ex players to help out but we all know that doesn't last very long 99% of the time. I even saw an ad saying "we have an all state pitcher" and they listed the girls name in the ad ?? WTF

Travel ball is no where close to the way it used to be 5-10 years ago. watered down, coaches promise the world and say "we have college coaches and or ex players on staff"

Just very disappointing these days and it's getting worse every year.
00softballgirl00

by as the world turns » Fri May 12, 2017 7:45 am

00softballgirl00 wrote:I'm seeing this more and more these days.

Why do these coaches that post tryouts say that have "so and so" on their coaching staff or they are running the team?

Do these parents actually fall for this??? yeah I know it may be true that teams bring in ex players to help out but we all know that doesn't last very long 99% of the time. I even saw an ad saying "we have an all state pitcher" and they listed the girls name in the ad ?? WTF

Travel ball is no where close to the way it used to be 5-10 years ago. watered down, coaches promise the world and say "we have college coaches and or ex players on staff"

Just very disappointing these days and it's getting worse every year.

50% of today's travel ball teams are reck ball all star teams at best.
But heck, someone has to feed "middle of nowhere" NAIA and DII college rosters.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by newbie101 » Fri May 12, 2017 11:33 pm

It seems to me that the ad you are talking about is a team where the head guy really is not a coach just has money to hire coaches to come in & work with his kids. Which could be good if those players were going to be there full time, but that seems not to be the case where usually these young ladies have lives of their own which would not include being on a softball field Sunday morning at 7 AM.

But it must work for them as they keep posting.
newbie101
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Coach_Larry » Mon May 15, 2017 8:48 am

Good thread... I agree with you, that guy is crazy. Those players of his really hate him too, I hear.
Can you imagine a guy who brings in Pac 12 champions to coach and mentor his kids? What kind of foolishness is that? He must pay those coaches to go their HS games too, because they are known to show up and cheer for their kids. How much does that cost? And OMG, he actually does this for free; lol, What an idiot. But hey, at least we have you guys to keep parents on the right track. Good luck to any kids who thinks they are gong to get a scholarship on that team. We all know the only way to do that is to play on a name team on fields 1-4. Duh..

High level thread OP; keep up the positive work for our daughters.
Coach_Larry
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Fastpitch Discussions