Scared pitcher

What's on your mind?

by curveballerguy124 » Thu May 11, 2017 8:53 pm

......agreed!!!!
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GIMNEPIWO » Sat May 13, 2017 4:45 am

curveballerguy124 wrote:Sam... Your missing my point I am not saying pitching isn't dangerous bats are hot and the balls are rock hard but if your pitcher was taught movement and control correctly you lesson the chance of a hard comebacker significantly!!!! I've been pitching a looong time Sam and can count on one hand the number of comebackers in a game that I was unable to defend myself against.... Keep in mind I'm 6'2 I pitch from 46ft we are allowed to leap so I deliver pitches from about 36ft at speeds up to and around the 70mph range, balls come off of composite bats very fast at those speed......Yet I will say again I am more scared playing 3B then I am pitching because at least in the circle I have control over what happens!!!

In the OP the young lady is 13 .... She hasn't been pitching a long time and is not a middle age man who has been taught movement and control correctly and has control over what happens ... That, plus my 2 cents is that many good position players at 18 -23 pitched at one time or another ... From 13-18 I have seen many evolve into a ball player that they want to be, not the ball player their parents want them to be.
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions