Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Stolen equip?

What's on your mind?

by dittoz » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:04 am

You'd think we'd learn, but it amazes me how steal-able Jugs Insta-Screens are.

Last year, we left a pair of pretty worn-out but still usable insta-screens near our dugout. They were folded up and stacked but because of the fast-pace of moving around, they were simply sitting with our equipment wagon, close but not watched. At the end of the day, we found someone had walked off with both of them.

This weekend, we were at a tourney where an open area had about a dozen nets all opened up and staked down. Hurricane nets, instascreens, Easton pop-ups... they were all lined up. We left ours there during a back-to-back game set and when we returned. One more was gone! This time, we thought that on the chance that someone had thought it was there net, we had our team name ALL OVER it, but it was still gone. Later in the evening, we found it all wrapped up sitting in another team's dugout, but they said it was there when they first came in (of course).

Do you-all frequently have items stolen or are we having a run of bad luck? Do you really have to watch your nets that closely or establish a perimeter guard?! I can't believe that in a flippin FP softball game, people are walking away with these things that much ! It's not like we're playing a bunch of ghetto teams or anything. Everyone is quite normal (looking) and tourneys are in decent areas...
Being from NorCal, what do I know anyway???
dittoz

by Ritalin » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:19 am

Our team has low jack transponders on our equipment..JK..we haven't experienced any troubles. Actually teams call us to let us know we left something.
Ritalin

by jblabs » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:23 pm

We showed up at 7:00AM at a field last summer and there sat 2 Jugs Insta-Screens from the day before. I was amazed they were still there.
jblabs

by LA FAMILIA » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:53 pm

dittoz wrote:You'd think we'd learn, but it amazes me how steal-able Jugs Insta-Screens are.

Last year, we left a pair of pretty worn-out but still usable insta-screens near our dugout. They were folded up and stacked but because of the fast-pace of moving around, they were simply sitting with our equipment wagon, close but not watched. At the end of the day, we found someone had walked off with both of them.

This weekend, we were at a tourney where an open area had about a dozen nets all opened up and staked down. Hurricane nets, instascreens, Easton pop-ups... they were all lined up. We left ours there during a back-to-back game set and when we returned. One more was gone! This time, we thought that on the chance that someone had thought it was there net, we had our team name ALL OVER it, but it was still gone. Later in the evening, we found it all wrapped up sitting in another team's dugout, but they said it was there when they first came in (of course).

Do you-all frequently have items stolen or are we having a run of bad luck? Do you really have to watch your nets that closely or establish a perimeter guard?! I can't believe that in a flippin FP softball game, people are walking away with these things that much ! It's not like we're playing a bunch of ghetto teams or anything. Everyone is quite normal (looking) and tourneys are in decent areas...

Hello Mr. :o not just because you play in nice areas or you don't play getto team thats mean is not rats around. next time don't stereotype people
by the way this post is so funny.
LA FAMILIA

by Skarp » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:51 pm

Okay, that's funny. :mrgreen:
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by dittoz » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:23 am

"next time don't stereotype people"

I think everyone here understands what I meant by that analogy. I apologize if it affects anyone in some personal manner...

I haven't seen that bunny in a long time - still cracks me up!
dittoz

by Skarp » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:58 pm

LA FAMILIA wrote:Hello Mr. :o not just because you play in nice areas or you don't play getto team thats mean is not rats around. next time don't stereotype people

Anyone who thinks that it's as safe to leave stuff unattended in a poor area as it is in an affluent area is a fool. Whoops, I just stereotyped people--sorry!!
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Blind Squirrel » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:06 pm

Skarp wrote:
LA FAMILIA wrote:Hello Mr. :o not just because you play in nice areas or you don't play getto team thats mean is not rats around. next time don't stereotype people

Anyone who thinks that it's as safe to leave stuff unattended in a poor area as it is in an affluent area is a fool. Whoops, I just stereotyped people--sorry!!

Depends on who is doing the stealing. If it's folks participating in the tournament then the area is irrelevant. I wonder what percentage of the thefts are done by folks who aren't part of the tournament and what percentage by folks who are. It must be 100% - 0% since we all know what paragons of virtue all of the "adults" are that are involved in youth sports in general and FP in particular.

John
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sftbll4ever » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:09 pm

I can honestly tell you that we do everything in our power when something is left behind at our Frienlies or Tournaments. I can also tell you that many times, we never get answers.

We too though have had our nets stolen at our own friendly. No integrity.
Sftbll4ever

by dittoz » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:56 am

I guess the bottom line I was trying to make was that perhaps if a tourney was held in a seedy area with no gate fee, no gate control and "odd" people crusing through all the time, you'd expect to have to keep a close eye on everything.

But when the tourney is in a "good" environment and there is a gate fee and entry is really only feasible through the main entrance, and things are clearly marked with team names and they're near the dugout, then the levelof worry is significantly reduced.

I guess I'm just naive in that it still just amazes me that we're all in this is in common and yet it occurs with apparent regularity.
dittoz

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions