Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Stolen equip?

What's on your mind?

by Nzane » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:27 am

We had a bucket of balls taken at our own friendly. I sent emails to all the coaches attending, nothing. So, someone, besieds the coaches stole em. Oh well, what can you do.....
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
Nzane

by Demonboy » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:20 am

I've never had anything stolen. Have lost a couple things but that was just
my own stupidity.
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by coolstuff » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:50 am

dittoz wrote:I guess the bottom line I was trying to make was that perhaps if a tourney was held in a seedy area with no gate fee, no gate control and "odd" people crusing through all the time, you'd expect to have to keep a close eye on everything.

But when the tourney is in a "good" environment and there is a gate fee and entry is really only feasible through the main entrance, and things are clearly marked with team names and they're near the dugout, then the levelof worry is significantly reduced.

I guess I'm just naive in that it still just amazes me that we're all in this is in common and yet it occurs with apparent regularity.

Think about this for a moment.

A petty thief is not interested in stealing used softball equipment to feed his drug habit. He or she is looking for hard cash. Fencing a used pop-up screen is too much trouble.

An unscrupulous coach, or parent, who wants a pop up screen for the team or for DD when they get back home, is a more likely suspect.

We all would rather accuse a stranger wandering into the ballpark looking for something to steal, but the truth is probably as close as the opposing dugout.
coolstuff

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions