Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Olympic exposure how?

What's on your mind?

by PDad » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:59 pm

Tntcoachtom wrote:Thanks guys for the informative answers. We're already moving in that direction. She has a great pitching coach and travel ball coach. Now, I see college showcases, ODM's and RTA's. All of these things point to get the attention of college recruiters. Are there showcases or tournaments that Team USA would be looking at for recruiting purposes?

USA Softball, nee ASA, pimps their JO Cup and events as being the best venue, but it is really just BS in their attempts to reclaim their previous status of drawing the strongest teams and players. As tbjd posted, it's really about the player being the crème de la crème.

Check out the roster of the 2017 US Women's National Team - http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Softball/Team-USA/Women. It doesn't have all the best players because there's no Olympics this year to draw the top pro players. Very few current college players will make the US Olympic team.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:16 pm

I recommend reading all of the heybucket classic posts and pay close attention to the following HB posters including Skarp, Sam, Numero Uno, Spaz, Pdad, Fpdad05, arto, blind squirrel, GIMNEPIWO, jtat, tb, hurricane, Pale Rider, jonriv, as the world turns, Donnie S, etc (I am leaving out a few others).

That will give you plenty of variety in opinions and information moving forward. Hope you enjoy the Pole Barn thread!
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Fastpitch4Life » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:40 pm

eclipse09 wrote:I recommend reading all of the heybucket classic posts and pay close attention to the following HB posters including Skarp, Sam, Numero Uno, Spaz, Pdad, Fpdad05, arto, blind squirrel, GIMNEPIWO, jtat, tb, hurricane, Pale Rider, jonriv, as the world turns, Donnie S, etc (I am leaving out a few others).

That will give you plenty of variety in opinions and information moving forward. Hope you enjoy the Pole Barn thread!

Well since we are speaking of pitchers, how about Ray-Ray? :lol: That dad got some pub! :roll:
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:44 pm

Fastpitch4Life wrote:
eclipse09 wrote:I recommend reading all of the heybucket classic posts and pay close attention to the following HB posters including Skarp, Sam, Numero Uno, Spaz, Pdad, Fpdad05, arto, blind squirrel, GIMNEPIWO, jtat, tb, hurricane, Pale Rider, jonriv, as the world turns, Donnie S, etc (I am leaving out a few others).

Well since we are speaking of pitchers, how about Ray-Ray? :lol: That dad got some pub! :roll:

Ray Ray is a classic and must read! :lol:

Tntcoachtom add Fastpitch4Life to the group I mentioned above. ;)
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Fastpitch4Life » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:41 pm

eclipse09 wrote:
Fastpitch4Life wrote:

Didn't mean to hijack this post, but if anyone's got a pic of a polebarn used as a practice field/hitting cage, it's a good-to-know for us So Cal'ers.
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:58 pm

Fastpitch4Life wrote:
eclipse09 wrote:
Fastpitch4Life wrote:

Didn't mean to hijack this post, but if anyone's got a pic of a polebarn used as a practice field/hitting cage, it's a good-to-know for us So Cal'ers.

That must be before my time. What the heck is a "polebarn"?
tbjd33

by eclipse09 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:21 pm

tbjd33 wrote:
Fastpitch4Life wrote:
eclipse09 wrote:
Fastpitch4Life wrote:

You will need to set aside some time, but it is a good read.

viewtopic.php?t=537
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:04 pm

eclipse09 wrote:
tbjd33 wrote:
Fastpitch4Life wrote:
eclipse09 wrote:
Fastpitch4Life wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=537

Huh some time? Lol!

Thank you though... Looks interesting!
tbjd33

by Fastpitch4Life » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:40 pm

eclipse09 wrote:
tbjd33 wrote:
Fastpitch4Life wrote:
eclipse09 wrote:
Fastpitch4Life wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=537

E09:
I was just glad that I didn't post anything stupid on that 37 page novel, but then again, I may have incorrectly searched for my stupid posts and found none. Since I have a very short attention span, I couldn't get through all the pages but there are some classic lines by some HOF HB contributors that no longer grace us with their presence.
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:44 pm

tbjd33 wrote:
eclipse09 wrote:
tbjd33 wrote:
Fastpitch4Life wrote:
eclipse09 wrote:
Fastpitch4Life wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=537

Huh some time? Lol!

Thank you though... Looks interesting!

Seriously it is very funny and enlightening! Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it! You can't know where HeyBucket is going if you don't know where it has been!! Ha!
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions