Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Olympic exposure how?

What's on your mind?

by Tntcoachtom » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:54 pm

What is the best process to follow to develop Olympic exposure for my 13yr old pitcher?
Tntcoachtom

by Sam » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:41 am

Tntcoachtom wrote:What is the best process to follow to develop Olympic exposure for my 13yr old pitcher?

:o
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:37 am

Spazsdad wrote:I never thought I would say this but I agree with Sam.

x2
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Tntcoachtom » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:04 am

Ok. Anything useful to say?
Tntcoachtom

by tbjd33 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:30 am

Tntcoachtom wrote:Ok. Anything useful to say?

For sure... Focus on finding the best possible pitching coach, find her a trainer to help increase her strength and athletism, and find the best coach in her age group to mentor her.

Of course, that's assuming she has the talent, competitive nature and work ethic to be considered.

As far as exposure none needed if those boxes are checked. A great pitcher sticks out like a sore thumb. They are always found...

That comes from personally observing and talking with parents of current elite pitchers. Hope that helps...
tbjd33

by Fastpitch4Life » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:25 am

tbjd33 wrote:
Tntcoachtom wrote:Ok. Anything useful to say?

For sure... Focus on finding the best possible pitching coach, find her a trainer to help increase her strength and athletism, and find the best coach in her age group to mentor her.

Of course, that's assuming she has the talent, competitive nature and work ethic to be considered.

As far as exposure none needed if those boxes are checked. A great pitcher sticks out like a sore thumb. They are always found...

That comes from personally observing and talking with parents of current elite pitchers. Hope that helps...

I think you woke up the oldtimers on HB with your question, but I think this advice is as succinct and as responsible as you will get. Without some explanation, your question has a "Todd Marinovich" feel to it and that is likely why you got the earlier responses. Best of luck to you and your daughter.
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Tntcoachtom » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:54 am

Thanks guys for the informative answers. We're already moving in that direction. She has a great pitching coach and travel ball coach. Now, I see college showcases, ODM's and RTA's. All of these things point to get the attention of college recruiters. Are there showcases or tournaments that Team USA would be looking at for recruiting purposes?
Tntcoachtom

by tbjd33 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:32 am

Tntcoachtom wrote:Thanks guys for the informative answers. We're already moving in that direction. She has a great pitching coach and travel ball coach. Now, I see college showcases, ODM's and RTA's. All of these things point to get the attention of college recruiters. Are there showcases or tournaments that Team USA would be looking at for recruiting purposes?

I gave you the formula... In short like a 2nd grader. She needs to be the best... Not the best on her team, not the best in the given tourney, not the best in the org, not the best in the area, not the best in her state, not the best in the West or whatever part of the country BUT the BEST IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

The Team USA Coaches are D1 college coaches. They are always around!
tbjd33

by Sam » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:18 pm

Tntcoachtom wrote:Thanks guys for the informative answers. We're already moving in that direction. She has a great pitching coach and travel ball coach. Now, I see college showcases, ODM's and RTA's. All of these things point to get the attention of college recruiters. Are there showcases or tournaments that Team USA would be looking at for recruiting purposes?

Gotta be a troll. Funny stuff.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by MrGeek » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:38 pm

Just to add, 2nd best - 12th best in the United States will also get you on Team USA.
MrGeek
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions