Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Fresno Force Classic

What's on your mind?

by Intel » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:15 am

I have received numerous PM's about Friday Night Games for the Force Classic. To clarify, their will not be any games on Friday. Games begin at 8:00am on Saturday morning with most teams finishing by 5pm on Saturday night. Sunday games start at 8:00am with Championship games scheduled for 5pm Sunday.
Intel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NoNothin » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:09 pm

"Well run tournament. But, I believe there will be at least one item that holds this up for being a qualifier."

Just looking at the line up I think (speaking 12U) that this may actually be a tougher tourney than nationals. There are several SoCal teams that won't make the cut for nationals that will be great comp at Fresno. Any thoughts??

NoNo
Respect All Fear None!!!!
NoNothin

by wadeintothem » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:50 am

Spazsdad wrote:While it will be a great tournament I can't agree with it being tougher than Nationals. There are many strong teams from TX, OK, GA, to name a few, that always make Nationals the toughest tournament. You have to also consider that in Nationals you have to be on your game for close to a week, not a weekend.
JMHO

Well, the skill level on late sunday is there... probably the last 4 teams could give any team in the nation AT LEAST a run for their money.

I think the difference is the level of play in April is generally different than the level play in August when everyone is clicking on all cylinders.. and you make a good point about the length of the tournament.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by NoNothin » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:05 pm

Good points......the teams are much more tuned up later in the season. Great tourney none the less!!!
Respect All Fear None!!!!
NoNothin

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions