Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Heybucket Has Become UCS

What's on your mind?

by Sam » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:41 am

When there actually is dialog, its bland commentary from individuals who always agree with each other. Important topics don't exist.....nothing but "how do I get my 8 year old a college softball scholarship?" Too bad. It started off so well....now its a corporate piece of milque toast.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:57 pm

Sam wrote:When there actually is dialog, its bland commentary from individuals who always agree with each other. Important topics don't exist.....nothing but "how do I get my 8 year old a college softball scholarship?" Too bad. It started off so well....now its a corporate piece of milque toast.

Are you saying you miss me? How sweet... :lol:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by tbjd33 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:29 pm

Sam wrote:When there actually is dialog, its bland commentary from individuals who always agree with each other. Important topics don't exist.....nothing but "how do I get my 8 year old a college softball scholarship?" Too bad. It started off so well....now its a corporate piece of milque toast.

Hell... I never agree with you! But this I agree with you on even though I'd like to disagree with you!
tbjd33

by jtat32 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:57 pm

There certainly isn't as much discussion as there used to be, but I don't think it's because HB went "corporate". There was a period where the OGs' DDs were coming up and the discussion was lively. Mine are a little younger, so it was really helpful for me to gleen some of the wisdom that the OGs had gained. Yours included - I kept my rosters small and made sure all my players got significant playing time in no small part because of your commentary.

There are only so many fresh softball topics, though. It seemed to me like there was a period where questions inevitably got recycled and responses got referrals to the "search" function. To keep the board active, there needs to be some degree of constant rehashing by younger parents at earlier stages in the process.
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Bookend » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:10 pm

It may have something to do with the fact that anytime this site gets a something fresh, the crusty "veterans" run the newcomers off. The posts usually get hijacked and the poster is bashed for not being a fastpitch seasoned aficionado. It is always more of the same bashing from the "experts".
Bookend

by as the world turns » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:59 pm

Bookend wrote:It may have something to do with the fact that anytime this site gets a something fresh, the crusty "veterans" run the newcomers off. The posts usually get hijacked and the poster is bashed for not being a fastpitch seasoned aficionado. It is always more of the same bashing from the "experts".

Snowflake, you're melting all over my keyboard.

Btw, it has always been rough cutting your teeth on this board, that's what makes it great.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by Sam » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:51 am

Bookend wrote:It may have something to do with the fact that anytime this site gets a something fresh, the crusty "veterans" run the newcomers off. The posts usually get hijacked and the poster is bashed for not being a fastpitch seasoned aficionado. It is always more of the same bashing from the "experts".

They'll love you over at UCS.....just their type of poster....subservient and agreeable.
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:08 am

Sam wrote:

They'll love you over at UCS.....just their type of poster....subservient and agreeable.

Just out of curiosity...whats UCS?
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:04 pm

Pale Rider wrote:
Sam wrote:

Ultimate College Softball: Full of old timers that couldn't find their @sses with their hands and a flood light. If you don't agree with their groupthink, they kick you off. I was kicked off twice: once as mystelf and again as Emtae......apparently they can spell backwards. I was booted for criticizing Candrea and other college coaches for their lack of in-game coaching skills.......Candrea failing to bunt Stacey Nuveman in an obvious bunt situation and watching her ground into a DP causing a USA softball loss in the Olympics. I also routinely called out coaches who play the IF in with a runner on 3rd, less than 2 outs, and you are leading by 2 or more runs. Stupid.
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:27 pm

Sam wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:
Sam wrote:

Ultimate College Softball: Full of old timers that couldn't find their @sses with their hands and a flood light. If you don't agree with their groupthink, they kick you off. I was kicked off twice: once as mystelf and again as Emtae......apparently they can spell backwards. I was booted for criticizing Candrea and other college coaches for their lack of in-game coaching skills.......Candrea failing to bunt Stacey Nuveman in an obvious bunt situation and watching her ground into a DP causing a USA softball loss in the Olympics. I also routinely called out coaches who play the IF in with a runner on 3rd, less than 2 outs, and you are leading by 2 or more runs. Stupid.

That's all you were booted for? LMFAO!!
tbjd33

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions