Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

PGF and Rec ball

What's on your mind?

by Softballmom2123 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:20 am

My daughter plays on a competitive travel team, however they practice once a week and play maybe twice a month. I wanted to put her in Rec ball and in a division higher then her age so she is able to get more practice and games in. I understand she cannot play rec past march 31 but I thought that was if she wanted to play allstars? We have no interest in her playing allstars. My question here is, if she plays Rec ball and travel will she still be eligible to play in TCWS and PGF because she was on a Rec roster? My understanding is she would but I am getting mixed answers so just wanted to be sure.
Softballmom2123
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:24 pm

TC and PGF don't care about her playing rec ball. SoCal's cutoff date is/was strictly for all star eligibility and you said you're not interested in that.

FWIW, I wouldn't be surprised if SoCal modifies their cutoff policy since national opened up Class B to travel and loosened some restrictions on playing multiple classifications.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Eric F » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:22 pm

To echo PDad...

Travel ball doesn't care about whether or not the player is still in rec ball. ASA's TB cutoff date rule is only for All-Star eligibility, If she isn't playing All-Stars, there isn't an issue.

My daughter did exactly that in her last season of rec. She had started playing with a TB team in early March, and she decided that she wanted to commit to full-time TB as soon as the spring rec season was over. It was the right decision for her development at the time.
Eric F
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Dwn4dCnt » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:24 am

If your daughter plays on a "competitive " travel ball team why go backwards to play rec?
Dwn4dCnt
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Fastpitch Discussions