Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

High School Silliness

What's on your mind?

by Travel Ball » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:44 pm

Okay, preseason is almost over. It's time to vote for the silliest high school stories in 2008.

You know, the one where the freshman Gold pitcher with the 60-plus mph vicious rise ball sits while the rec-ball senior with the 52 mph meatball starts. Every year, I think I've seen it all . . . then wow, I've never ceased to be amazed.

Let's call some of these "coaches" out by name and hold some folks accountable. This ain't travel ball; this is their job. Wondering if the athletic directors and school boards even know that boards like this one exist and what we think about most of their darling "coaches."
Travel Ball

by Sam » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Travel Ball wrote:Okay, preseason is almost over. It's time to vote for the silliest high school stories in 2008.

You know, the one where the freshman Gold pitcher with the 60-plus mph vicious rise ball sits while the rec-ball senior with the 52 mph meatball starts. Every year, I think I've seen it all . . . then wow, I've never ceased to be amazed.

Let's call some of these "coaches" out by name and hold some folks accountable. This ain't travel ball; this is their job. Wondering if the athletic directors and school boards even know that boards like this one exist and what we think about most of their darling "coaches."

So the freshman sits, the senior (who has three years in the program) gets her year in the sun representing her school....big deal. The freshman parent is probably lying about their kid's ability anyway.

Everybody knows that 97.83 % of HS coaches suck. Are you going to call them all out by name? Much easier to call out the guys that know what they are doing:

Doug Meyers
Rob Weil
Dan Hay
Pete Harrell
Dave Clark
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Gone in 2.6 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:16 pm

Sam wrote:
Travel Ball wrote:Okay, preseason is almost over. It's time to vote for the silliest high school stories in 2008.

So the freshman sits, the senior (who has three years in the program) gets her year in the sun representing her school....big deal. The freshman parent is probably lying about their kid's ability anyway.

Everybody knows that 97.83 % of HS coaches suck. Are you going to call them all out by name? Much easier to call out the guys that know what they are doing:

Doug Meyers
Rob Weil
Dan Hay
Pete Harrell
Dave Clark

Content removed.
Last edited by Gone in 2.6 on Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"And as I watch you disappear into the ground
My one mistake was that I never let you down"
Gone in 2.6

by watcher » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:55 am

I will not coment on the HS coaches, But both my kids were looking forward to practice with the travel team today, I wonder what thier opinion of said practice will be when they get home.
watcher

by CoachShark » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:41 am

I would like to add Art Lilly on your list of High school coaches who know what they are doing.
CoachShark

by DonnieS » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:35 am

>> Everybody knows that 97.83 % of HS coaches suck.<<

We had one here at Tuloso Midway in Corpus that was extremely good on game strategy and tactics, Ronnie Fair. I got to watch her for a lot of years, the first few years, I thought she was very lucky setting up players, moving fielders around and the vast majority of the time, the action would come right where she expected it, but then I realised she was just good at that.

There are a lot of pieces that go into making a good coach and Ronnie Fair really nailed the tactics and strategy.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:43 am

CoachShark wrote:I would like to add Art Lilly on your list of High school coaches who know what they are doing.

Art is one of the best teachers of the game...does wonders at 10U and 12U...and did a great job in HS last season.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Redhotz » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:48 am

I'm a assist. coach for our high school team and a 9 year travel ball coach. My daughter is a freshman this year and a pitcher. We have one other pitcher and she is a senior. Last year she pitched ever inning in 34 ball games, and i feel she has paid her dues. We lost several ball games late in the game because after seeing her several time the batter would start to hit her.I feel the senior can get us to the 5 inning and then we can bring in the freshman (she is faster and has a couple more pitches) to finish the game. Several times durning middle school ball I have used 3 or four pitchers to complete a game. I do what ever it takes to win a ball game, I could care less what grade she is in...Next year my daughter will have to pitch ever inning of ever game because we will not get another pitcher untill after next year. (we are working with other girls) The feshman can and has played ever position (Not catcher) on the field, because in my travel bal team ever girl has to play ever positions. I have girls from all over tennessee and all are starters on their school ball team ( 7 different schools).......all said and done i feel the senior should start and after the game gets going do what ever you have to to win!!!!!
Redhotz

by softball_parent » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:27 pm

What high school is Art Lilly coaching.
softball_parent

by 3rd Base Coach » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:10 pm

Art Lilly is in his 2nd season at Riverside Christian H S.
3rd Base Coach

Return to Fastpitch Discussions