Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

TCS World Series

What's on your mind?

by HD SBDAD » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:39 pm

Hey all you experienced TB parents/coaches:

We are a 2nd year 12U looking for a world series for girls this year. We are already AFA qualified, not quite ready for ASA. We are debating on whether to try hard for a TCS or NSA berth. Coaches are from back east have never been to TCS. We are wondering how the event is for the girls as far as activities/festivites/fields, etc.

Thanks

Carlos
HD SBDAD

by dittoz » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:32 am

Hey Carlos, we too are a 2nd year 12u team and we made the decision to go to PCU to the TCS World Series. We already have a berth to NSA in Reno buyt didn't feel like that was the best place to take a group of 12 and 13yr-old girls. We're playing this weekend in the only TCS Qualifier in Northern California. Should do pretty well, but we'll see...

I've heard nothing but good about the overall TCSWS event. Of course, a few little things about playing 20mi outside of town in a rodeo pasture, but given for some of the pastures we've already played in, that shouldn't bother us too much.

The town looks beautiful, the events from what I hear are fun for the girls and we have a friendly competitor here in town that has been 2 yrs running and had a great time. Lots of activities outside of the actual games that the girls can participate in as well.

I'll be interested to read what others have to say - I posted this same topic overt on ET and got a couple of positive responses a week or two ago.

Good luck to you!

-curt
Rocklin HYPE 12u Softball
Being from NorCal, what do I know anyway???
dittoz

by Demonboy » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:57 am

HD SBDAD wrote:Hey all you experienced TB parents/coaches:

We are a 2nd year 12U looking for a world series for girls this year. We are already AFA qualified, not quite ready for ASA. We are debating on whether to try hard for a TCS or NSA berth. Coaches are from back east have never been to TCS. We are wondering how the event is for the girls as far as activities/festivites/fields, etc.

Thanks

Carlos

If you're a So Cal team I'd skip TCS. You'll play the same teams you played all year.
The tournament is really more regional and doesn't have that "national" feel.
Try to find a national tournament where your girls can lock horns with teams from Jersey,
Florida, Ohio, Texas, Alabama, Michigan etc. It's so much more interesting for the girls.
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by Sam » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:02 pm

Demonboy wrote:
HD SBDAD wrote:Hey all you experienced TB parents/coaches:

Thanks

Carlos

If you're a So Cal team I'd skip TCS. You'll play the same teams you played all year.
The tournament is really more regional and doesn't have that "national" feel.
Try to find a national tournament where your girls can lock horns with teams from Jersey,
Florida, Ohio, Texas, Alabama, Michigan etc. It's so much more interesting for the girls.

....and you'll be treated like a king. AFA has some particularly tough competition. USSSA plays at Disneyworld and has weather issues. NSA...just really sucks.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Fastpitch Discussions