Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Why arwe YOU Gold?!?!?!?

What's on your mind?

by YplayAwhenucanplayB » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:05 pm

What is the deal with teams calling themselves "Gold" teams at the 10, 12, and 14u level??? There is no Gold Divisions at those age groups is there??? Is this just an ego thing or recruiting ploy to mislead families that their team is an elite team? I guess the teams that finish ahead of them should be called Platinum……….the Texas Platinum!!!! Shoot, there are allot of 18u teams claiming to be Gold…….next thing you know…..everyone will be Gold or…..Platinum!!!

YplayGoldwhenucanplayPlatinum :ugeek:
YplayAwhenucanplayB

by TNSoftballDad » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:36 pm

Funny you say that...my DD's first-year 10U is registered for a tournament where there is an out-of-state team coming in with "gold" in their name. Assuming we don't play them in the first game, I plan on watching them when we're not on the field getting drilled.
TNSoftballDad

by Fuddrules » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:49 pm

Because it's a color in their uniform?
Fuddrules

by Sftbll4ever » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:57 pm

Because there is more than one team in that age division and they listed themselves as gold. Take TNL for example. They have a gold and blue team. Guess what??? Their colors are gold and blue.
Sftbll4ever

by Judd » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:11 pm

The Bandits Gold here used to be the Outlaws and their color was gold. When they switched parks, they had to use the Bandits name (I think the park is sponsored by the Chicago Bandits). Well they have bandits blue, bandits black, bandits orange, etc. So Bandits Gold was the obvious option.

A few teams in our area use colors to seperate themselves.
Judd

by Sam » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:43 pm

Who gives a crap? Is there a difference between the Baby Seal Clubbers vs. the Baby Seal Clubbers Gold? How about the Norco RockNRollin Swingin Tikis vs. the Norco RockNRollin Swingin Tikis Gold?
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Demonboy » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:55 pm

Minors Gold? :lol:
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by anonlooker » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:01 pm

Of all the elements, Gold is a natural... it's stronger than Tin, sounds better than Molybdenum,
looks better than Plutonium, and smells better than Sulfur.

And is often a synonym (and kind of a homonym) for GOAL.

BTW, the most recent additions to the periodic table of elements:

MANIUM (XY)
Physical properties: Solid at room temperature but gets bent out of shape easily. Difficult to find a pure sample. Due to rust, aging samples are unable to conduct electricity as easily as young samples.
Chemical properties: Attempts to bond with WO any chance it can get. Also tends to form strong bonds with itself. Becomes explosive when mixed with Childrium for prolonged period of time.
Usage: Possibly good methane source.
Caution: In the absence of WO, this element rapidly decomposes and begins to smell.

WOMANIUM (WO)
Physical properties: Generally soft and round in form. Boils at nothing and may freeze any time. Very bitter if not used well.
Chemical properties: Very active and highly unstable. Possesses strong affinity with gold, silver, platinum, and precious stones. Violent when left alone. Turns slightly green when placed next to a better specimen.
Usage: An extremely good catalyst for dispersion of wealth.
Caution: Highly explosive in inexperienced hands!
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by melsdad » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:25 pm

Sftbll4ever wrote:Because there is more than one team in that age division and they listed themselves as gold. Take TNL for example. They have a gold and blue team. Guess what??? Their colors are gold and blue.

And most the girls are, for example either young 14's (blue) and older 14's (gold)
melsdad

by TravelSoftballDad » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:17 pm

YplayAwhenucanplayB wrote:What is the deal with teams calling themselves "Gold" teams at the 10, 12, and 14u level??? There is no Gold Divisions at those age groups is there??? Is this just an ego thing or recruiting ploy to mislead families that their team is an elite team? I guess the teams that finish ahead of them should be called Platinum……….the Texas Platinum!!!! Shoot, there are allot of 18u teams claiming to be Gold…….next thing you know…..everyone will be Gold or…..Platinum!!!

YplayGoldwhenucanplayPlatinum :ugeek:

Should they have called themselves Minor's Gowld? :oops: :o :( :? :oops:
TravelSoftballDad

Return to Fastpitch Discussions