Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

pitching exercise with bad foot?

What's on your mind?

by Judd » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:12 pm

Any drills to be done while DD's foot heals? We just did some snaps with a weighted ball to work on wrist strength (remember DD is small/slow speed 12U so all strength building is great I think). But wont let her do T's or K's as her bad foot is her front foot and dont want her landing on it.

Does anyone have a picture of how to grip a drop ball? She started learning this in fall but since she hasnt done it in so long, she forgot the grip. Then she bunged her foot after her 1st lesson this year, before they worked on the drop ball. This would be for the roll over style where she turns her wrist as she releases. She wants to practice the drop snap some while her foot heals

I found this Image
Judd

by artomatic » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:43 pm

I know it's killing you guys, but the main thing is be patient and let your kid's foot heal!
maybe spins or something, but the time will pass quickly, and eventually this will all be in your rear view mirror...
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bradrhod » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:04 pm

My recommendation is to work on spins. You should be able to do all of your spins in your bedroom. You just over exagerate the spin you are putting on the ball so that it always goes striaght up. Focus of the exercise is that the spin is tight as possible and on plane with the direction you spun the ball.

Ernie Parker teaches that you snap your fingers like you want he spin to happen. These are also great excercises.
bradrhod

by Judd » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:55 am

well I guess thats what we are doing with the snaps. Shes not on crutches so its no problem for her to stand and do snaps. She is really snapping hard too, glad to see it.

I know she should heal, but this kid bugs me every day 50 times, lets pitch, lets pitch and I have to say NO. Then she does her pitching motion and WHAM lands on her broken foot. I ask her how bad will it suck if she has to have surgery and miss the whole summer? "Aww that wont happen"

Thanks, we'll stick with snaps.
Judd

by Tucson » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:15 am

You can do all of the knee drills, on a power line.
Last edited by Tucson on Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tucson

by Redhotz » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:19 am

My daughter broke her foot two years ago sliding into 2nd base. While she was out i would have her get down on one knee and pitch useing her upper body. Ater two months she was so much faster than before becausing she was alot stronger...I say Monica Abbott at tennessee and this is how she warms up before each game.....We do this drill at regular work out..
Redhotz

Return to Fastpitch Discussions