Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

wast pitch

What's on your mind?

by Cannonball » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:08 am

First, for any 10U pitcher to be able to throw a "waste pitch," she would have to have uncommon control. There is noting wrong with your dd learning the concept. It is carrying out that concept that is the problem. Perhaps, she is being told that when the count is 0-2, throw a ball in the river to let the hitter chase or maybe she is being told to throw a ball up. Both are sound suggestions IF SHE HAS THAT KIND OF CONTROL. Still, for the majority of 10U pitchers. my recommendation is throw your best pitch in those situations.

I forgot to add that pitchers throw waste pitches all of the time in college.
Granny said sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

CoachB25 on other boards.
Cannonball

by Pale Rider » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:53 am

GIMNEPIWO wrote:Are you saying I came off as mean? Damn ... There goes my chance of making another friend who won't hate me until they get to know me

Nah...you still my Bro' ;)
Just don't want to be accused of 'jumping on' new posters...but...When we need a Rosetta Stone to decipher a message... :roll:
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by curveballerguy124 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:44 pm

Let me share this as a pitcher and a pitching instructor.... She's 10U, have her just focus on her mechanics for now and understand as a pitcher she is going to miss her spots enough without the help of "wasted pitches" your 10U coach should understand that. As for wasted pitches, when you get up in age and level even in men's fastpitch those become chase pitches usually when your ahead in the count, and remember everything should be thrown with a purpose....

As for her learning a curveball, have her learn a riseball first, but a true riseball not the bullet spin pitch thats thrown upward and called a riseball

Good luck
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions