Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Idea for You!

What's on your mind?

by nksoftball » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:52 pm

I know that I have been asking many of you a lot of questions, but I want to make sure that I give back to all of you for helping me.

As I stated earlier that we are starting a kid's club. Everyone that attends our mini-camp will automatically become a member of it. They will get a t-shirt (softball t-shirt), a certificate, newsletter, and an invite to a special event.

Here's what the special event will be:

The first week of softball we have a Friday night game at home and no Saturday tournament (which is rare). We are going to invite all of our kid's club members to come to the game with their families (for their special night) and then after the game and when we get done, then the older girls will get showered, throw their comfies on, and we will have a big sister/little sister sleepover at the school. We will pair up the elementary girls with a high school girl. There will be plenty of activities, events, movies, pizza party, etc. for them to take part in that night.

The girls will then have lights out about 12-1am, sleep for a while, and then our coaching staff with the help of a few other people, will come in at 6am and make breakfast for all the girls before they go home at 8am.

Does this help their softball skills? No.
Does this help them get sleep? Definately not. LOL!

What this does do, is it shows how fun our program is and gives the girls something to look forward to when they get older and can play JV/V. It gives me a chance to start building relationships with the families and athletes. It's important.

Why would I go to all this work. Well, I have a huge uphill battle. I inherit a team that hasn't won more than 4 games each season for the past 4 or so years. I inherit a program that has been the laughing stock of the town in the past. I inherit a program where only 13 girls went out last year in 8-12 grade.

Obviously, whatever they have done in the past hasn't worked. It's time to change things up to see if the new coach can increase participation, enthusiasm, and school/town support. I will be more than happy to share more things that we are doing as we get them in place.

Thanks for all your help and hope that I gave you some great ideas.
nksoftball

Return to Fastpitch Discussions